Longhorn Network

justabbfan

250+ Posts
Anyone know the timeline for the shutdown of the LHN? My reason for asking is fiber is now available in my neighborhood and I can finally cancel my overpriced cable. As anxious as I am to cut the cord, I’m thinking I may have to maintain it until WBB season is over so I won’t lose access to LHN.

Anyone know the timeline for the shutdown of the LHN? My reason for asking is fiber is now available in my neighborhood and I can finally cancel my overpriced cable. As anxious as I am to cut the cord, I’m thinking I may have to maintain it until WBB season is over so I won’t lose access to LHN.
In my experience, if you don't have a cable provider that carries LHN you won't be able to watch LHN on the ESPN+ app. Because I cut the cable a few years back, I add Sling TV during basketball season and utilize solely YouTube TV all the other months. Sling TV carries the LHN but doesn't have all local channels, and YouTube TV has plenty of channels (to include SEC network and ACC Network) except it doesn't cary LHN. I'll be glad when we go to the SEC so I'll have access to all the games via ESPN+. I said all this to explain my short answer to you... unless anyone knows better, I would hang on to your sure bet to get the LHN for the remainder of this season. Hope this convoluted answer helps. LOL

I don't have Spectrum cable but I have Spectrum streaming. It's about the same price as all the other streaming options and includes LHN.

Another question. A bit more searching shows Directv Stream and Vidgo offer LHN. Some sites state Directv Stream doesn’t offer LHN and others say it is available only to residents of Texas. Vidgo is a service I had not heard of but it seems to offer LHN but, overall, reviews are poor for the service. Anyone have Directv Stream who can confirm LHN is a channel they offer?

Agree about Vidgo. I signed up for September because of the spectrum issue. The interface on Vidgo is clunky. The only thing we watched there was LHN. It's gone now.

Vidgo isn’t good on its own but you can watch every LHN game on the ESPN app if you have a vidgo package. I never even have to open the vidgo app and can watch every LHN broadcast.

I think sling stopped carrying LHN.

Still researching and debating. I can get Direct TV Stream and get all the locals and I think LHN. Their website is confusing as in one place it says LHN is available but in small print says not available to Texas residents?? YouTube Tv and Sling might be my best bet.

Still researching and debating. I can get Direct TV Stream and get all the locals and I think LHN. Their website is confusing as in one place it says LHN is available but in small print says not available to Texas residents?? YouTube Tv and Sling might be my best bet.
FYI my parents were going to switch from DirecTV to DirecTV Stream, but decided against it because they were told LHN is not offered with the streaming version.

Yep, brnkj, I continued to dig re Directv Stream and verified there is no LHN. Looks like my only sure option is YouTube Tv and Sling or stay with Optimum until bb season is complete.

Yep, brnkj, I continued to dig re Directv Stream and verified there is no LHN. Looks like my only sure option is YouTube Tv and Sling or stay with Optimum until bb season is complete.
Beginning next season they will be no worries... As long as you have ESPN+ subscription you will be able to see every game. With the ESPN app downloaded to a streaming device (I use Roku) the content can be viewed on TV instead of a computer.

The LHN channel is on Direct TV cable, and Dish cable with the satellite dishes on your roof. The problem with the Dish LHN channel is that they only do HD pictures with live event. Direct TV is FT HD.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back