Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

South Carolina down by 7 to Georgia at half, 35-28. Uncharacteristic turnovers (10) and getting beat inside - Bulldog F Javyn Nicholson has 18 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals.

Very surprising as for the most part, Georgia has sucked this season

Nell Fortner has just taken her team to OT at #6 North Carolina St

I’m looking forward to watch #10 USC at #11 Oregon State today

Nice to see the warm reception for Brittney Griner’s jersey retirement in Waco. No matter what some think of her for various reasons, she was a great player for BU. I can’t imagine the crude taunts and trash talk she must have endured (probably still does in some places) growing up and in Waco. Nice of Nikki to make this happen … although I notice that her coaching trajectory is following her WNBA pattern - great first year, slightly less great second and less less in year three .. .
:clap:

We have friends that I met through WBB season tickets (sat next to us) who moved from Lakeway to Boerne (ranch where wife grew up) and they have been going to UTSA games the last 2 years and rooting for Aston. She says that they play well, but have blown 6-7 double digit leads and lost this year. Karen's coaching her guts out, but it's starting to follow the pattern of the last few years at Texas.

I was surprised to see Ohio St. bubble up to #2. Then I remembered how fortuitous it was for my old "boo" Celeste Taylor to have transferred to that team for her COVID bonus year.

I looked up her stats:

Minutes Played: #3, behind #2 by 5 minutes. Obviously, she's a starter
Steals: #2
Blocks*: #1 (24!)
Assists: #2
Turnovers: #3

Really good pickup for OSU.

*For reference, Taylor Jones has 42, leading our team.

Anyone else watch the Baylor-Tech game yesterday? The performance by TT was one of the worst I’ve seen from a Power 5 program in the last 5 years. Baylor has been a very inconsistent team in Big12 play but the Red Raiders made them look like ~2017 UCONN. The final score was 61-32 and Tech scored 14 of those in the 4th quarter.

Anyone else watch the Baylor-Tech game yesterday? The performance by TT was one of the worst I’ve seen from a Power 5 program in the last 5 years. Baylor has been a very inconsistent team in Big12 play but the Red Raiders made them look like ~2017 UCONN. The final score was 61-32 and Tech scored 14 of those in the 4th quarter.
I did and couldn’t turn away it was such a train wreck. They scored 15 points in the first half and only 3 points in the 3rd Qtr. All their scoring was when the benches were cleared basically. I’m sure Tech will bring a better game to Austin…I think?

I did and couldn’t turn away it was such a train wreck. They scored 15 points in the first half and only 3 points in the 3rd Qtr. All their scoring was when the benches were cleared basically. I’m sure Tech will bring a better game to Austin…I think?
Tech had 29 TOs and Baylor 19. It was ugly.

Watching BU @ WVU. I think it's in our best interest for BU to win. You know you really dislike a school when you want them to win, but want them to play like crap doing so. LOL

Watching BU @ WVU. I think it's in our best interest for BU to win. You know you really dislike a school when you want them to win, but want them to play like crap doing so. LOL
What a wild and unpredictable finish. I guess I got my wish... BU got the win barely but blew a 10-point lead with two minutes remaining throwing the ball out of bounds twice before they could get it across half court, and then got a 10-second call. WVU had their own faux pas with a one point lead and possession after BU threw it out of bounds yet again, but then JJQ fumbled the inbounds pass giving possession back to BU. BU hits two free throws with only a few seconds left and wins by one point.

What a wild and unpredictable finish. I guess I got my wish... BU got the win barely but blew a 10-point lead with two minutes remaining throwing the ball out of bounds twice before they could get it across half court, and then got a 10-second call. WVU had their own faux pas with a one point lead and possession after BU threw it out of bounds yet again, but then JJQ fumbled the inbounds pass giving possession back to BU. BU hits two free throws with only a few seconds left and wins by one point.

I was rooting for West Virginia because a win by WVU would have helped Texas in the event of a tie with KSU for Big 12 tournament seeding purposes. Right now, Texas must win in Norman to guarantee a share of the Big 12 title. If the team does that, the most likely scenario right now is a three-way tie for the Big 12 title with KSU holding the tiebreaker for seeding in the tournament. Oklahoma closes the season with a trip to Kansas. I'll be hoping the Jayhawks pull the (minor) upset. KSU plays at Kansas tomorrow and at home against ISU to close the season. I have some hope of another KSU loss in one of those games.

I was rooting for West Virginia because a win by WVU would have helped Texas in the event of a tie with KSU for Big 12 tournament seeding purposes. Right now, Texas must win in Norman to guarantee a share of the Big 12 title. If the team does that, the most likely scenario right now is a three-way tie for the Big 12 title with KSU holding the tiebreaker for seeding in the tournament. Oklahoma closes the season with a trip to Kansas. I'll be hoping the Jayhawks pull the (minor) upset. KSU plays at Kansas tomorrow and at home against ISU to close the season. I have some hope of another KSU loss in one of those games.
Just curious why KSU would have the tie breaker?

Just curious why KSU would have the tie breaker?

This is where the imbalanced scheduling really becomes a crock of bullsh_t...

1. Kansas St (15 - 3) With Texas, above Oklahoma based on winning percentage against #4 teams [W Virginia] (1-0). Above Texas based on winning percentage against #5 teams [Baylor] (1-0).
2. Texas (15 - 3) With Kansas St, above Oklahoma based on winning percentage against #4 teams [W Virginia] (1-0). Below Kansas St based on winning percentage against #5 teams [Baylor] (1-1).
3. Oklahoma (15 - 3) Below Kansas St and Texas based on winning percentage against #4 teams [W Virginia] (0-1).
4. W Virginia (13 - 5)
5. Baylor (12 - 6)
6. Iowa St (11 - 7)

This is where the imbalanced scheduling really becomes a crock of bullsh_t...

1. Kansas St (15 - 3) With Texas, above Oklahoma based on winning percentage against #4 teams [W Virginia] (1-0). Above Texas based on winning percentage against #5 teams [Baylor] (1-0).
2. Texas (15 - 3) With Kansas St, above Oklahoma based on winning percentage against #4 teams [W Virginia] (1-0). Below Kansas St based on winning percentage against #5 teams [Baylor] (1-1).
3. Oklahoma (15 - 3) Below Kansas St and Texas based on winning percentage against #4 teams [W Virginia] (0-1).
4. W Virginia (13 - 5)
5. Baylor (12 - 6)
6. Iowa St (11 - 7)
This is why I rely on the online program. Kind of fun. It was created by an Iowa State fan many years ago - hence the strange reddish and yellow color scheme. Head to head results are first. But in this scenario,KSU, TX, and OU are all 1-1 against each other.

Sedona Prince had her first game back in TCU’s win over Houston and played 31 minutes with 15 points & 6 rebounds (7 turnovers)

Games that could help us remain no lower than a #2 seed come Selection Sunday:

- #6 NC State loses at Duke, 69-58
- #8 USC loses at home to #18 Utah, 74-68
- #9 Oregon State loses at Washington (15-12), 61-51

At this point, we’re in striking distance of a 1-seed if we don’t drop any games going forward. 5 of the teams ahead of us in the Top 16 reveal have stumbled. But OU isn’t going to be easy. I’m sure the women know what’s at stake so I’d expect them to come out focused.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back