Texas @ Baylor 02/01/2024

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Jan 30, 2024.

1. seanzozo

seanzozo 25+ Posts

It’s a promotion by a local bakery. I believe if an opposing player missed both free throws of a pair, the section gets a free cupcake. It’s been misinterpreted by opposing fan bases multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

If you watch the replay, she is usually right when she complains and keeps quiet when she truly makes the foul. She would make a great ref.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for the clarification. Not surprised it gets misinterpreted often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Glad you had a good experience. Maybe the new coach is rubbing off on the fan base because they were god awful under Mulkey.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor, Tech and a few other Big 12 schools wouldn't be high on my list to play as future non-conference opponents. Of course it doesn't get any "better" than scheduling UConn.

That being said, playing Baylor or Tech helps us in so many way moreso than playing the likes of UTRGV, Southern, UT-Arlington, McNeese, Oral Roberts, Jackson State. So, if what Vic has been saying the last couple of seasons is true that it's been tough finding "quality" opponents who want to come play us in Austin, and some former Big 12 programs are willing to do so, then do it. No excuses.

If it were me, I wouldn't go play a game in Waco or Lubbock (unless it's a type of homecoming game we schedule for a Lubbock native like Aaliyah Chavez). I have no problem scheduling games at SMU, TCU, Houston, or Rice for the sake of playing games in recruiting hotbeds and where we have large number of alumni.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

After watching that post-game presser, Vic singles out UConn and the SEC/ACC Challenge among our possible non-conference games next year. Series would rotate back to UConn next season, and no guarantee our ACC challenge game would be at home. So, if Vic thinks those two games are "enough" and we have no room for Baylor, I strongly disagree. He needs at least 4 games against Top 25 to Top 50 programs, and two of them need to be at home. Other non-conference games are not going to get him the attendance numbers he wants. If holiday tournaments at neutral sites get us those strong matchups, then it comes at the expense of possible large home fan turnouts.

• Agree Agree x 1