Texas Tech @ Texas 02.21.2024

Can’t make this one in person and the last home game I missed was the loss to Baylor, so I’m going to need all of you who are able to attend to be just a tad bit louder. Can’t take this one for granted. Glad it’s a home game.

#HookEm

Over the last few games, Tech's offensive output has been abysmal. They could be prime for an offensive surge against Texas, but maybe not. Perhaps they've quit trying since they have lost 5 in a row and the season is nearly over. In any regard, Texas needs to stay the course. Another 25-point game would be satisfying. Maybe even some of the youngins will get a chance to play.

Curious. Has Vic and SandWitch buried the hatchet? I saw them shaking hands after the game in Lubbock.
I'm sure there are still some hard feelings there, but glad to see them being cordial. Funny thing is, before Gerlich showed her *** in Austin to spark the whole feud, Vic was always very complimentary of her coaching.

Last edited:
Gerlich wants (NEEDS) games against Texas in the future so her demeanor towards Vic (and that of her coaching staff) seemed to change dramatically during Texas visit to Lubbock in January. Even when Texas handed their arse to them on a platter they were very congenial in postgame “good game” line. Reality can be jolting lol

Gerlich wants (NEEDS) games against Texas in the future so her demeanor towards Vic (and that of her coaching staff) seemed to change dramatically during Texas visit to Lubbock in January. Even when Texas handed their arse to them on a platter they were very congenial in postgame “good game” line. Reality can be jolting lol
Money talks

It will be interesting to see how much longer Gerlich lasts at Tech. She’s getting some extra time because she’s a former Lady Raider with a championship ring. How long do you get for finishing at or near the bottom of the conference year after year? They should make a move and try to establish themselves in the “new” Big 12 if you ask me.

It will be interesting to see how much longer Gerlich lasts at Tech. She’s getting some extra time because she’s a former Lady Raider with a championship ring. How long do you get for finishing at or near the bottom of the conference year after year? They should make a move and try to establish themselves in the “new” Big 12 if you ask me.
Her problem is recruiting... I mean who wants to go to the heart of the dust bowl? Furthermore, the rounding up of local girls with that West Texas "style" of play no longer translates to success at the major Division I level. The game has grown so much since the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Strategically, I do feel she's a solid coach but you've got to have the players.

I'm hoping that Vic doesn't schedule Texas Tech in the future once Texas moves into the SEC because there's nothing to gain, but lots to lose, from playing a program in the dumps until they fix that program.

I feel differently about Baylor and hope Vic maintains the I-35 rivalry so long as coach Nicki can improve from what this year is a disappointing year for Baylor based on the talent they have on that roster.

I'm hoping that Vic doesn't schedule Texas Tech in the future once Texas moves into the SEC because there's nothing to gain, but lots to lose, from playing a program in the dumps until they fix that program.

I feel differently about Baylor and hope Vic maintains the I-35 rivalry so long as coach Nicki can improve from what this year is a disappointing year for Baylor based on the talent they have on that roster.
Agreed! They'll be a quality opponent and too close in proximity not to keep the series. I'm still sleeping with one eye open this season where Baylor is concerned. With the talent they have, they could re-emerge at any given moment.

I've stated previously that I don't care to play Tech. But, Vic has been saying how difficult it's been scheduling P5 teams to come to play in Austin; Tech is a better option than UT-RGV, A&M Commerce, Southern, etc.

You know you're playing crappy when your own announcers are showing more love to the visitors.

Speaking of rivalries: Does anyone know why the Tennessee-Texas rivalry was ended?

As I recall, there was a cancellation or postponement during the covid year and the game was never rescheduled. Then we announced our move to the SEC, and I assume that both programs didn’t see any need to play before then.
:hookem:

As I recall, there was a cancellation or postponement during the covid year and the game was never rescheduled. Then we announced our move to the SEC, and I assume that both programs didn’t see any need to play before then.
:hookem:

They played in '21

Good to see Maul getting meaningful minutes. Alas Jack is looking lost again.
Getting nothing from Gaston or Moore.
Another sorry FT shooting game....sigh

Good thing Texas perked up a little at the end of the 2nd period otherwise this would be a complete disaster. I understand that Amo is tentative because of tendonitis, but what the heck is going on with Maul for Holle, etc.? When Amina is the second highest scorer so far, you know everyone else is shooting blanks. Where's Booker's 20 and Shaylee's 18? Come on gals!:mad:

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back