Texas vs ASU Turkey Day

HornView

1,000+ Posts
As if one of my favorite days of the year couldn’t get any better, Texas will tip off against Arizona St at 7PM just after the Cowboys game has ended and leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner will keep us out of the kitchen cooking so as not to miss a minute of the game. :coolnana:

It will be the long awaited return of Aaliyah Moore to the court. Can you imagine how excited and thankful this young lady will be that this day has finally come? Positive thoughts that this is the beginning of an injury free Amo for the rest of her career at Texas.

Hopefully Gaston’s return is not far behind.

Haven’t even tipped off yet and I’m already feeling like these two dudes announcing the game are going to work my last nerve. Hopefully I’m wrong

First live game this year...
Team looks ok, gotta improve our outside shooting but its early. Defense has really active hands.

Horns up 19 at the half. So ESPN crew says hey, let’s go visit with coach Schaefer - Vic, how you liking this? Vic: we suck!
:e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

I was groaning at all the missed shots under the rim. I was upset at the bad passes leading to TO by the team. But at half, I'm shocked to see that we've caused 17 TO on ASU. Well, okay then!

I love Vic for holding hisself to a standard and he knows that first half wasn’t it and he didn’t lie about it. We looked tired to me but I’m pleased with the energy tho. He wasn’t happy with the lack of finishing or attention to detail and ability to have a dominate mindset ASU can’t play with us and we kinda let them feel like they could for a sec there. He wasn’t happy with Shaylee or Booker and let them know but just what I caught before the camera would shift. Positives Rori and Shay are locked in and defense for the most part showed up but Vic just wants them to be exhausting and thirsty to not let the other team get ANYTHING. Wanna see the what or how they respond 2nd half.

It sure didn’t feel like Texas should be up by 17 at halftime to me either. Probably because ASU shot 50%

Up by 33 after 3 and Vic grumpier than ever. It looks like he has a Hawaiian shirt on underneath that sweater. He needs to ditch the sweater and get mellow for the 4th. Put Amo in too please.

I have to say through three quarters the announcers exceeded my low expectations which is a nice surprise. They’re ok

Question: If you get beat by 40 and then walk through the "good game" line and at the end of the line is a 6' 9" player on crutches, are you thinking "damn, they did that to us and this girl didn't even play?"
:e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

I will say this, I like Codio and when she gets fully fully back I think she will play or take on the Holle roll going foward. She sharp and intentional, long and agile even with brace, and can surprisingly knock down open shots so far. Rori stay line was monster 14pts 6-11, 1-2 3pt, 7 ast, 6 rebs, and ZERO TO yea efficient leader.

This Caribbean venue beat the heck out of Battle 4 Atlantis. I think the "gym" at Atlantis was a dark modified hotel ballroom. This was a real gym that was well lit. And even the announcers were better. I'll miss tomorrow night due to the Football game, but that USF matchup on Saturday will be nice. Really like the depth on this team and we haven't even seen Amo or Dee yet.

Rori stat line for season so far is jaw dropping she is playing at AA level frfr
12.5 ppg, 8ast, 5 reb, shooting 50% from the field and has a assist to TO of 32-6, 6 TO in 4 games is crazy her only “weakness” is her 3 ball 2-9 but I think that’s from not shooting them. We have a Diamond and need to realize the greatness b4 it’s gone after next year.

While ASU is a P5 school, they just don't have the talent of one. Still, our team played hard all 40 minutes, and seemed relentless (although Vic seemed displeased after the first half).

Shaylee really struggled with her shooting early in the game; right when i began wondering if Vic would put in Maul for her, she found her shooting touch.

That being said, when we start having trouble with a zone defense, and the shots being taken aren't falling, I wish Vic would put in one or two of our better shooters. Would have been nice to see what Maul or Codio could have done in that second quarter instead of just waiting until the game was out of hand to insert them in the game for the first time (I think) in the fourth quarter.

So, here's where I don't have an answer to my own question. If Shaylee struggles, who is our first shooting guard off the bench? Or, does Vic (currently) slide Booker down to SG and bring in Holle at SF? Hoping we get to the point where he has a clear SG sub off the bench for Shaylee.

I was hoping for some better competition in this event, but ASU just isn't the same team we've known over the past 20 plus years.

Solid game yet still plenty to figure out and improve upon. I'll be glad when we get an understanding that every offensive rebound doesn't have to be slung back up at the rim aimlessly. It's best to kick it back out for a reset If you're not squared up and in the best position for put back.

I don’t know if the island division plays at the same gym as the reef division, but what a shame we don’t meet up with NC State. We’d get a lot of answers now instead of 10 days from now against UConn.

Holle is my security blanket. I feel safe whenever she is on the floor. She might not always appear big in the stat line, but she certainly energizes the team when she is in.

I don’t know if the island division plays at the same gym as the reef division, but what a shame we don’t meet up with NC State. We’d get a lot of answers now instead of 10 days from now against UConn.

Holle is my security blanket. I feel safe whenever she is on the floor. She might not always appear big in the stat line, but she certainly energizes the team when she is in.
The hustle for the chase-down block!

Last edited:

She’s Westlake..no other high school has more Longhorns since it’s inception

Team was slow to get going, (I mean you've got the flight, the catamaran, the snorkeling, etc.), so first quarter was hard to watch. Hopefully, there won't be any more sluggish play since sightseeing is probably out of the way. :D Other than the first quarter, the reality that Texas still seems to be stymied by a zone defense, and the fact that Amo didn't play, I'm pretty pleased!

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back