100 Day Countdown 2024

Dionysus

Idoit
Admin
August 31 at home vs Colorado State ... 100 days from today.
The orange countdown thingy is to game day, not game time.

I'll start with a classic: James Street and his "100" emblem on the helmet.

street_james_02.jpg

:ut: :csu:

Last edited:
99 is a number that was worn by so many outstanding players that it’s difficult to choose one without casting shade on the other greats.
So with apologies to Tony Degrate, Rooster Andrews, and Bam Bam…
upload_2024-5-24_6-37-18.jpeg

Jack Crain, Nocona Texas.
Two-time all SWC & AA in 1939 and 1941. First Longhorn player to amass over 1000 career rushing yards and a 1962 inductee in the Hall of Honor.
He was known for his part in the “Renaissance Game” against Arkansas in 1939. Trailing 13-7 with less than 30 seconds left in the game, ran in the game-tying touchdown untouched on a 67 yard reception. Students and fans who were in the process of leaving the stadium moments earlier rushed the field in celebration. Once the field was cleared, Crain kicked the extra point for a 14-13 victory. The game is credited for turning around the fortunes of the program.

I’m predicting a Natty. This season will be a combination of Houston winning the SWC their first year, ‘76, and the LSU championship in ‘19.

Last edited:
Anyone have the ability or knowhow to post a copy of Bam Bam's opening kickoff hit on Curtis Dickey at Kyle Field? That rivals the greatest hits in Longhorn history. It rivals Leiding's hit on Arkansas return man and his introduction to Longhorn fans. It rivals James Allen's "where did that freight train come from". It rivals Scott Appleton blindsiding Don Trull as Trull had Lawrence Elkins 10 yards behind our DBs. It rivals Marcus Dupree's broken helmet by Richard Peavy. Curtis left the field and refused to go back into the game until Mark Dennard "persuaded" him he really did want to get his butt in the huddle.

Bam Bam's hit is one of my fondest memories in Longhorn lore.

Anyone have the ability or knowhow to post a copy of Bam Bam's opening kickoff hit on Curtis Dickey at Kyle Field? That rivals the greatest hits in Longhorn history. It rivals Leiding's hit on Arkansas return man and his introduction to Longhorn fans. It rivals James Allen's "where did that freight train come from". It rivals Scott Appleton blindsiding Don Trull as Trull had Lawrence Elkins 10 yards behind our DBs. It rivals Marcus Dupree's broken helmet by Richard Peavy. Curtis left the field and refused to go back into the game until Mark Dennard "persuaded" him he really did want to get his butt in the huddle.

Bam Bam's hit is one of my fondest memories in Longhorn lore.
Leiding’s was unreal and my personal fav.

Not being able to participate in this thread is something I miss more than I thought I would. Regularly contributed some fairly obscure and damn good photos of I do say myself. I'll give you a call fairly soon Stacey. Everything pretty much status quo with me. Hope you and your family are happy and doing well.

Michael Pollak, Austin Johnston
upload_2024-5-29_20-6-5.jpeg

Shown here celebrating a 14-13 victory over the Sooners. Failed to letter until his senior year when he went from two career kickoffs to an All-American placekicker on the 1990 “Shock the Nation” conference champion team. Scored the Horns only points of the day on a 29 yard second quarter field goal in an otherwise forgettable Cotton Bowl in 1991.

Last edited:
<Casey Kasem>New to our countdown: T’Vondre Sweat, Huntsville</Casey Kasem>
upload_2024-5-30_20-38-54.jpeg

All conference, AA 2023.
Reigning Big 12 Defensive POY
Signed in 2018 as a 265 lb. defensive end.
Just shy of six years and a hundred pounds later, catching touchdown passes in goal line sets.

James Patton, Clear Creek
upload_2024-5-31_18-25-8.jpeg

All SWC 1990-91
AA 1991
Teamed with Tommy Jeter, Bo Robinson and Shane Dronett to form one of the best DL units in team history (just my opinion).

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back