2022 Recruiting - Softball

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Ellis21d, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 25+ Posts

That is a huge get! Watched her play a couple weeks back and is the real deal. I thought we were going after her hard but its hard to get the out of state recruits right now as they still can't get on campus with the coaches.

• Like Like x 6
  3. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

1) Leighann Goode - SS, O'Conner HS - San Antonio. 9/01/20
    2) Reese Atwood - C, Tuloso-Midway HS - Corpus Christi. 9/01/20
    3) Citlaly Gutierrez - P, Stamford HS - Stamford. 9/02/20
    4) Viviana Martinez - SS, Tolleson HS - Tolleson, AZ. 10/29/20

• Like Like x 4
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Great news on Martinez! It is tough to get the elite players out of Arizona with UofA, ASU, and UCLA all within close proximity.

When did she decommit from Oregon, and verbally commit to Texas? Don't see anything about it on her twitter account (other than her current commitment status). Usually Coach Singleton tweets regarding verbal commitments, but I never saw anything on his twitter regarding Martinez.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

She never announced it herself. Flosoftball did it for her. Of course they charge for everything so I didn't read any articles going into detail. Her Twitter just says "texas softball commit" and the article I found was from a while back they just changed the name to Texas. So she probably decommitted a while back and just chose Texas but I am not complaining :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  6. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 25+ Posts

Saw Citlaly pitch a couple weekends back: I'll just say the mitt pops different when she is throwing. A little wild ,but brings some heat for sure.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts