2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

I think he was playing QB for Seguin Junior High at that time. Wealthy kid from River Oaks or Tanglewood showed up for tryouts & won the job. He would have been the last person I would have thought ever lettered in football.

Before that, I remember DKR not wanting Bradley to punt in practice, so he had Benny Pace P for K in practice. Benny could throw a ball a hundred yards and above the lights not to mention put it wherever Coach Royal wanted it.
About Bradley the punter — and maybe it was because I was young at the time – but I have never seen anyone before or since kick the ball as high as Bill Bradley did. It seemed like he always reached the top of the light stanchions. Something to behold.

Gump

Don’t recall Michael Dixon, but do remember Erxleben “serving “ as one of the Quarterbacks during pregame. Why? He had a better arm than Constanzo, Cordero or McEachern. The days of give it to Earl and occasionally throwing to Lam or Alfred Jackson worked just fine.

Whwn Bradley took time off from drills to go punt a few, everybody knew it. The first punt made everybody jump like a gunshot went off. More like a howitzer.

Gump

Don’t recall Michael Dixon...
upload_2024-5-15_3-53-50.jpeg

Sorry folks, it’s Michael Dickson.
All-American punter, Ray Guy award winner.
I recall during his freshman season (2015) it was an adventure whenever the guy lined up to punt. Muffs, whiffs, and shanks were not uncommon. His fumble late in the Okie Lite game was a huge factor in that loss.
Grew into a formidable weapon but it took some growing pains.

Oh.....that Michael Dickson. I was hunting my memory banks for punters that played in the late 70's. 2015 was one of my Longhorn football black out years so I have very limited memories of that time period (and the few I have are bad).

I agree with Dabo.
6721, while Dabo’s stance may be admirable (?), it’s out of step with the new reality. Virtually none of the head coaches or the programs really love the portal. But, it’s a fact of life. To deny it – because you’re philosophically opposed – is to deny your program of players that are critical to the team and the university’s success.

Sark has embraced it. As a result, we were one pass interference call away from playing for national championship last season. And we expect to be in the mix this year.

Dabo didn't say he wouldn't take a player from the portal
Just that he hadn't
And Coach Brown's
opinion was that the players didn't demand NIL be set up(He knew most good ones were getting paid anyway)
But now of course they would openly take money now just like he took big raise at Texas he didn't ask for

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back