2024 GOP Primary

Trump leading in PA in latest poll (Emerson) in 2 way and 5 way. Trump does better in 5 way polling in every case I have seen. This is over and no way Biden doesn’t run unless the cia endorses it.

Alright you smarty pants HF posters. Which ones are the best here?

upload_2024-2-20_17-28-12.png

Alright you smarty pants HF posters. Which ones are the best here?

View attachment 9378

I don't know their cup sizes, but I voted for Christi Craddick. She's a former lobbyist and daughter of Tom Craddick (former speaker of the house), so there is a bit of slimy nepotism (or "nepoTIZ" as Jack Black would say). However, she has been there since since 2012, is knowledgeable, and has done a respectable job.

I voted for John Devine. He's one of the few members of the Texas Supreme Court who actually cares what the law says and therefore only lets the insurance lobby go "tip-in" rather than "balls-deep" like most of the court does.

The big stink in the court of criminal appeals races is the State v. Stephens case in which the court ruled 8-1 that the Attorney General doesn't have the constitutional authority to prosecute voter fraud cases, leaving it to local officials. Obviously, that means that in counties like Dallas, Harris, Travis, Bexar, El Paso, and others, voter fraud that benefits Democrats will never be prosecuted.

Not to brag, but I'm one of the few people who can actually put on a judge's hat, set aside politics, and decide on a case based solely on the law. That means that the consequences of a decision (like some counties not prosecuting voter fraud when they should) don't matter to me when it comes to how a case should be decided. The law is what it is. I've done that in this case, and the majority is full of crap. Though local officials certainly can prosecute voter fraud, there is no prohibition on the AG having concurrent authority to do so. Accordingly, they are full of crap and should be ousted for failing to uphold the law. Keller, Hervey, and Slaughter should go.

Schenck and Finley are well-experienced and conscientious. They'll be fine. I can't really say the same about Gina Parker. She's a nice lady and a former Miss Waco (You can interpret that however you want. lol). She has done some law work, but she has mostly been a career political activist. In light of the circumstances, you should still vote for her, but I'd be more reluctant than of the others.

The big stink in the court of criminal appeals races is the State v. Stephens case in which the court ruled 8-1 that the Attorney General doesn't have the constitutional authority to prosecute voter fraud cases, leaving it to local officials. Obviously, that means that in counties like Dallas, Harris, Travis, Bexar, El Paso, and others, voter fraud that benefits Democrats will never be prosecuted.

Not to brag, but I'm one of the few people who can actually put on a judge's hat, set aside politics, and decide on a case based solely on the law. That means that the consequences of a decision (like some counties not prosecuting voter fraud when they should) don't matter to me when it comes to how a case should be decided. The law is what it is. I've done that in this case, and the majority is full of crap. Though local officials certainly can prosecute voter fraud, there is no prohibition on the AG having concurrent authority to do so. Accordingly, they are full of crap and should be ousted for failing to uphold the law. Keller, Hervey, and Slaughter should go.

Yep. With all the wonky **** we saw from Harris county election in 2022 they shouldn't be able to investigate themselves and that's that. We need outsiders to come in.

Interesting. Tweet suggests that Dems will not be emphasizing Georgia this year. That leaves AZ, NV, and the rust belt states.

Interesting. Tweet suggests that Dems will not be emphasizing Georgia this year. That leaves AZ, NV, and the rust belt states.

Conversely, Trump only needs to win AZ and MI to win if Biden gives up on GA and NC.

Now I know the rest of the post is useless! :smile1:

FWIW, I met Gina a few times in the early 2000s. She was probably early 40s back then and looked pretty good. But she always wears pretty conservative attire, so pretty tough to get an idea of her assets. I'm not sure what she looks like now.

Yep. With all the wonky **** we saw from Harris county election in 2022 they shouldn't be able to investigate themselves and that's that. We need outsiders to come in.

Not only is it a ******** decision and wrong on the law, it's dangerous. Effectively, it legalizes voter fraud in the big counties that have Soros-connected DA's, because they're not going to prosecute any voter fraud that benefits Democrats.

Last edited:
I know Abbott has some detractors in here but the GOP and Trump owe him a big thanks this election cycle. Others participated, but he is largely the one that drove the bus (pun intended) on making illegal immigration the top issue for 2024.

Since I am not a paid subscriber to WSJ I couldn't read whole article
But I could read enough to respect Jeb who is no Trump lover publically pointing out the injustice.

Q 1: What’s the big beef against Nikki Haley among posters on this website?

She seems to me to be a lot better than Mitt Romney and plenty of other GOP candidates over the years.

Q 2: Who is closer to Reagan’s policies—Trump or Haley? Explain.

Hard to believe but Trump up easily in polling in NV after two close losses in 2016 and 2020.

GA + AZ + NV + Nebraska (both) and Maine (one) congressional districts gives Trump 269 electoral votes, meaning it goes to congress for the decision and rust belts states can be ignored.

After 2030 census, in 2032 I think GOP only needs to win GA + AZ + NV to win 270 EC votes.

I know Abbott has some detractors in here but the GOP and Trump owe him a big thanks this election cycle. Others participated, but he is largely the one that drove the bus (pun intended) on making illegal immigration the top issue for 2024.

Par for the course he took action against an important issue but he waited years and didn't do all he could do.

However, the stance he took was important. I hope he sees that people like strong action from their governors. He needs to take more and more and more.

She seems to me to be a lot better than Mitt Romney and plenty of other GOP candidates over the years.

:e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

The best answer is, who cares? She's terrible in so many ways.

If you are voting in the primaries be sure to check to see if your incumbent Republican is an actual conservative or uses the "R" as cover for moving Texas ever so subtly left.

It depends on who you ask. Some here don't like her because she isn't from the Chomsky wing of the party on foreign policy. I'm not a big fan, because she's a typical mediocre corporate Republican. I voted for her, because mediocrity is the only choice I have now, but I don't think she's especially good.

Haley for sure.

It depends on who you ask. Some here don't like her because she isn't from the Chomsky wing of the party on foreign policy. I'm not a big fan, because she's a typical mediocre corporate Republican. I voted for her, because mediocrity is the only choice I have now, but I don't think she's especially good.

Haley for sure.

I disagree that Haley is more like Reagan. On foreign policy she is more hawkish than Reagan. Reagan did participate in the Cold War but he used diplomacy to lead us away from hot war with the USSR. Haley is gung ho for NATO expansion and fighting a proxy war on Russia's border. Reagan wouldn't have done that. He also was very critical of Israel's reactions to Palestinian terrorism. He was an influence towards peace there. He also negotiated nuclear weapons non-proliferation agreements with the goal of reducing them to very low levels, of course he didn't reach the goal.

Economically, I don't see either Haley or Trump being that similar. Trump is more protectionist. Haley doesn't show any disagreement with the current hyper-Keynesianism going on today. On culture war issues, Trump is actually better. Haley frames her campaign in terms of intersectionality and doesn't speak against as strongly as Trump against Social Justice, LGBT, or abortion.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back