Affirmative Action is now dead

Define "at the front" first. Did he lead charges? No, that is what Lieutenants and Capitans are for. Field grade officers plan and direct. General Officers have total responsibility for those under them.

Patton was a brilliant military strategist. He knew his enemy and he knew how to motivate his men. Look up Operation Quicksilver (the Normandy one; not the A-bomb one); or the breakout in Normandy when Bradley would not push Montgomery to do the job he was assigned; or who turned his Army 90 degrees in freezing weather and saved the Allies in the Battle of the Buldge.

Also, do not believe what you read about what his men thought of him. Yes, there was that 10% who hated him, but the vast majority loved him. In the early seventies, one of the CEO's of a subsidiary of the company I worked for was a Capitan/Major in Patton's army. The love and respect for Patton was quite obvious.

This went far afield, didn't it. My point is (as many WW2 vets) that Patton was nowhere near the front line during ww2. He wasn't battle fatigued like our troops were.

It's fkn easy to desire to start another war, one with Russia that was going to be far bloodier and costly than our assault on Germany - if you don't have empathy for your own troops, or have a good read on their availability for such a long drawn out war. The nation as a whole was ready for peace time. The whims of one nutcase, undisciplined General notwithstanding

H2R, I respect your position, but as I stated, the vast majority of his troops would (and did) walk through walls for him.

I saw an example of a Round Rock ISD interview for a curriculum position. It included questions about how the applicant was going to increase the diversity, equity, and inclusion of the schools he/she worked with. Bare in mind, there is a law in Texas against having a DEI system. They are ignoring it. All they had to do was hire a domestic abuser to make it happen.

I saw an example of a Round Rock ISD interview for a curriculum position. It included questions about how the applicant was going to increase the diversity, equity, and inclusion of the schools he/she worked with. Bare in mind, there is a law in Texas against having a DEI system. They are ignoring it. All they had to do was hire a domestic abuser to make it happen.

Other than Mary Bone and Danielle Weston, the RRISD Board may as well be the Berkeley City Council or the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. It's nothing but left-wing f**k-ups, and they're ********. They're not good people.

IMG_6157.jpeg

All of the ridiculous employment policies are coming under more scrutiny. The "no degree required" movement is staring to receive more scrutiny also. It was really just a DEI move ... since minorities don't have the same education attainment, we need to disregard education as a qualifier. Hiring managers aren't having it. They still choose people who've done the education work over the "warm body" approach.

In link Mayo clinic wrote a disclaimer tweet saying it had not hired Jobs for Humanity nor approved it.
Might be true and Jobs for Humanity out of the blue put it out. :idk:

Can I have some of that mediocrity?

I googled the "mediocre white man" thing to see what that's about, because I've heard it several times in the last few years. Apparently, it's an anti-self-confidence thing. They don't like white men who aren't self-loathing weanies.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back