Circle of Life - Our New Son!

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by tropheus, Jan 15, 2008.

1. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

So Friday morning at 4:36, our second child and second son was born in Austin, Texas baby! 8 lbs 7 oz, 19.5 inches long, ten fingers, ten toes, with blond hair just like his mom and older brother. We got home from the hospital Sunday afternoon. I'll post pics in the next day or so.

My head is spinning with stuff I want to do with my boys, just can't wait!

2. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

But they need a sister! Nothing like a little daughter to add to the mix.

I digress.

Heartiest congratulations. I'd say "enjoy", but that would be redundant in your case.

[​IMG]

3. had your son been born yesterday we would have shared the same birthday.

congrats... the 11th is a good date too. [​IMG]

4. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

NBMisha -- my ideal family order was two sons and one daughter with the two sons first. I want only one daughter so I don't have to worry about playing favorites. Daughter wins, boys learn first life lesson, women are dangerous.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Congratulations. Kids are really what it's all about.

6. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

Awesome! Congadulations on the new little Longhorn.

7. Mrs. Reboot

Mrs. Reboot 100+ Posts

Congratulations! Our second was just an ounce shy of your's, same length. How is the first adapting to the change? We brought our second home just before Christmas. It's an adventure with a 2 year old, but wonderfull! Having 2 boys is already incredible. CAD has many plans, just like what you mentioned for your boys.

8. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

adjusting well, loves his baby brother, very interested, compassionate, caring, but a bit excited. Acted like a baby earlier today, but we've been giving him tons of attention. the problem is mom's attention... stay tuned.

9. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

Congratulations to you all. There's nothing better in life.

It sounds like the big brother isn't so sure about the new arrangement though. One thing my in-laws did with my wife when her little sister was born that I think was a stroke of genius: they gave her a present "from" her new sister near the time the baby came home. Sure, they bought her love with material goods... but it worked!

10. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Congrats Troph. Glad all are healthy, well, and adjusting.

[​IMG]

11. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts