Coaching News and Rumors

There are many more changes because there are many more positions for assistants, assistants to assistants, graduate assistants for whatever. I have already applied for the soon to be created position of "assistant toilet paper replacer for those preferring the roll from the top rather than the bottom". My problem is that CDC doesn't seem to think that position is worth $2 million a year.

As I understand it, and I could very easily be wrong...

Show cause means any school wanting to hire said coach will need to "show cause" to the NCAA as to why that particular coach is being hired instead of any other guy who isn't on a show cause, double-secret probation.

Wow...Reports that Franklin tried to get Dr.s to medically disqualify a player from the team who had attempted suicide and was under Psychiatric care. Would have caused the player to lose his scholarship & other bene's. Franklin reportedly wanted that scholarship opened up.
As one response said, "Not as bad as what the last coach did." IDK Pretty sh*ty any way you slice it. Is there some phenomenon in Happy Valley that naturally/magnetically attracts scum bags?
May UT NEVER attract this level of scum. Makes me feel good/better about Mack.

Wow...Reports that Franklin tried to get Dr.s to medically disqualify a player from the team who had attempted suicide and was under Psychiatric care. Would have caused the player to lose his scholarship & other bene's. Franklin reportedly wanted that scholarship opened up.
As one response said, "Not as bad as what the last coach did." IDK Pretty sh*ty any way you slice it. Is there some phenomenon in Happy Valley that naturally/magnetically attracts scum bags?
:psu: :bu:

Somehow, PSU generates some appallingly sleazy behavior in its football program. I would have thought that the magnitude of the Sandusky/Paterno debacle would have produced a pretty darn robust oversight regime.

I guess not.

This is a "worked with Matthew Golden and blocking kicks" hire. We were ok with 3 blocked kicks and 2 blocked punts last year, but for a while we (and Virginia Tech) were known as "kick block U" or whatever you want to call it. If we improve just a hair in lining up and coverage, we'd probably be the best special teams in the nation again.

Miles will come closer to being inducted into the Hat Makers Hall of Shame before one related to football whether his wins are vacated or not.

He's one that deserves it.

If my math is correct, that places Jimbo in 4th place for the 2024 season.

1. Kirby Smart - $13M
2. Dabo - 11.5M
3. Ryan Day - $10.2M
4. Jimbo - $10M

with others near or around $10M like Sark and Kalen.

If my math is correct, that places Jimbo in 4th place for the 2024 season.

1. Kirby Smart - $13M
2. Dabo - 11.5M
3. Ryan Day - $10.2M
4. Jimbo - $10M

I'd like to get paid $10M for not coaching next season. I'm sure I can not-coach as well as anyone else. Where is the best place to apply to non-coach? And I'll even give them a 10% discount - I'll agree to not-coach for only $9M.

I'd like to get paid $10M for not coaching next season. I'm sure I can not-coach as well as anyone else. Where is the best place to apply to non-coach? And I'll even give them a 10% discount - I'll agree to not-coach for only $9M.
I remember heckling Albert Pujols at an Astros game when he played for the Dodgers. He struck out and I started yelling “Nice strikeout Pujols! How much are the dodgers paying you to strike out? I could strike out for half of what you’re getting paid”. I might have been the only one who laughed.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back