Education (Not Just UT)

Texas Democrats call on colleges to set aside financial aid money for immigrant families affected by FAFSA glitch

"Texas Democrats in Congress are appealing to colleges to set aside financial aid funds for students who have not been able to complete the new FAFSA form because their parents do not have Social Security numbers.

Errors in the revamped Free Application for Federal Student Aid, which launched this year, have prevented parents without Social Security numbers from adding their financial information. The problem has disproportionately affected immigrant families."

U.S. Supreme Court declines to intervene in lawsuit over West Texas A&M drag shows

Nothing squeals out Greater Amarillo and the Texas Panhandle like drag queens...

Gucci_Cowboy_Hat_featured_image.jpg

"Earlier this month, West Texas A&M students filed an emergency application with the Supreme Court, seeking an injunction against Wendler to ensure he does not cancel a March 22 drag show students planned. The lawsuit is before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, but that court will not hear oral arguments until April — leaving the door open to another cancellation without a court’s intervention."

Get your DEI Certificate:

https://thediversitymovement.com/8-top-diversity-certification-programs/

4. Diversity and Inclusion Certification Course
  • Provider: HR University
  • Description: Teaches HR professionals and business leaders strategies and tactics to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. Consists of 120+ video lessons, assignments, and instructor feedback.
  • Duration: 40 hours of learning over 10 weeks
  • Format: Online, self-paced
  • Documentation of Successful Completion: Certified Diversity and Inclusion Certificate
  • Investment: $199
  • Advantages: Lifetime access to curriculum, including 15+ case studies, interviews with DEI professionals, and new lessons as they are added.

Get your DEI Certificate:

https://thediversitymovement.com/8-top-diversity-certification-programs/

4. Diversity and Inclusion Certification Course
  • Provider: HR University
  • Description: Teaches HR professionals and business leaders strategies and tactics to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. Consists of 120+ video lessons, assignments, and instructor feedback.
  • Duration: 40 hours of learning over 10 weeks
  • Format: Online, self-paced
  • Documentation of Successful Completion: Certified Diversity and Inclusion Certificate
  • Investment: $199
  • Advantages: Lifetime access to curriculum, including 15+ case studies, interviews with DEI professionals, and new lessons as they are added.

Don't use that site. I give out DEI certificates for LESS THAN $199!! I accept Paypal and Venmo.

Outside the hard sciences and math, most academics do very little actual work.

The humanities is nothing but opinions.

Business—if you want to be a CPA, I suppose you’ve got to learn the trade. But an MBA seems like a meaningless sheepskin that many large corporations still like to see. Does having an MBA make you a better businessman? Nope.

Mona.

Were you around when Frank did just that? Or maybe you could be Frank's step-son? (Will was always far more liberal than Frank, but not woke by any means)

Mona.

Were you around when Frank did just that? Or maybe you could be Frank's step-son? (Will was always far more liberal than Frank, but not woke by any means)

No. I'm too young for that. Frank Erwin was the name of building when I went to UT in the 90s. If he was willing to fire leftists out of hand to protect natural rights then I would have been on board at the time.

An example of the way Frank handled liberal professors (He told me to call him "Frank") occurred when I was going to summer school. First day of lass the professor walks in with a legal pad and a pen, then says, "I have been fired, but Frank Erwin hates my guts and is making me teach summer school until my contract is up in August. He doesn't like my politics. I am going to pass this around; write down your name and social security number. If there are more names on this pad than there are butts in seats, you all fail. If the butt number & number of names on this pad match, you all get an "A". I'm leaving in the morning for Acapulco for five weeks to say "Fuk you Frank Erwin and f**k your school. My suggestion is that you sign the pad and go to adds and drops and sign up for another class" IIRC the class was Business Communications, which never had enough seats to meet the demand.

Frank also represented the students during what I refer to as the "hippie keypunch scandal"

Then there was the hiring of George Kozmetsky (sp) from MIT and buying of the big IBM computer. He ran The University like it was his private club, but that wasn't all bad.

George Kozmetsky
One of the most important men in modern Texas history.

Had one professor say that before Koz and the technology boom, Texas was in danger of becoming a giant Mississippi with a drier climate and a bunch of oil underneath it.

Outside the hard sciences and math, most academics do very little actual work.

The humanities is nothing but opinions.

Business—if you want to be a CPA, I suppose you’ve got to learn the trade. But an MBA seems like a meaningless sheepskin that many large corporations still like to see. Does having an MBA make you a better businessman? Nope.

Have MBA. Can confirm. But it does this to your salary --> $$$

Guy,

Always found it interesting that an MBA seemed to be a requirement for advancement in the hospital industry. Never understood why. Ironically, Trinity in San Antonio was one of the best.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back