Football ticket question for Vanderbilt and in general

LonghornDave

1,000+ Posts
I would like to attend the Vanderbilt football game. I usually buy tickets at the game but even though i have found tickets, some fans don't like guys in Burnt Orange in "their" seats and I am getting old. Any suggestions on how to get seats in the Orange section? Thank you.

I will tell you Vandy is definitely hoping to make some $$ on this game. Highest tickets in a long time.
But more to your point I haven’t found Vandy fans to be a hostile crowd but then again I don’t think I’ve ever been there pulling for the opponent.

I wanted to get tickets with my season tickets, but they said I'd have to pony up $500.00 extra. The heck with that. money grabbin' *&%$^( *&^%$$#

Yeah Everette, my daughter a Vandy grad and still living in Nash was astonished when she tried getting tickets immediately after scheduling came out. So funny because normally they do everything they can go get people into the seats.

Vandy stadium is very small. Think high school stadium. As when we played Rice, the stadium is 95% opposing team.

I am looking into buying season tickets to ensure I can get tickets, but local friends tell me it is not necessary.

Last edited:
Vandy stadium is very small. Think high school stadium. As when we played Rice, the stadium is 95% opposing team.

I am looking into buying season tickets to ensure I can get tickets, but local friends tell me it is not necessary.

We invariably get the "HS stadium" comments whenever an opponent can't seat 90K. But you're correct that it typically ends up being a home game for the visitor. I watched Kentucky play there a while back and the stadium was about 75% blue.

Horns have an all-time losing record vs. Vandy that needs to be corrected starting this fall !!

Think the record is 3-8-1 or something close to that.

Most games pre and post WW1 games IIRC.

Last edited:
Nashville has Bama fans like Houston has LSU fans. BTW, even the Tennessee tickets are cheaper than Texas.

I would have thought demand of local Tenn and Bama fans would drive prices higher

Last edited:

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back