I made it two years sober

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by BHud, Dec 8, 2008.

1. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

I stumbled in here a few years ago, in a daze. Cocaine, alcohol, and all things self were my gods. I've met a lot of wonderful people here, through my admissions, and I want to let you know that I'm still kicking, and I'm still sober. Granted, the Horns recent mess over has caused me a great deal of bitternes....

But in the big scheme of things, life is good. I have a wonderful wife, my adopted son, Daniel COLTon is now 14 months old to go with my two "natural" children, am very active in my church, and have a wonderful relationship with Christ. It's no surprise that I have realized more professional success over that time period than any other time period in my life.

So, if some of you are struggling remember: we do recover, no matter how low we go. Through Christ, all things are possible. Thank you to those that have been a source of inspiration.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

From someone who drinks EVERY single weekend for as long as I can remember, that is a remarkable feat. Congratulations.

3. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

Congratulations.

My best friend has been sober for 8, and without a doubt, his life has only improved with every year.

It can take a lot, but every day you succeed gives you more strength for the next.

Keep it up!

[​IMG]

4. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

It sounds like your life is the richer for it and you have much to be thankful for. Congratulations.

5. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

Way to go, dude. You should be very proud of yourself. It is posts like yours that make us all realze what is most important in our lives. Keep it up.

6. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

7. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

You did what you had to do. Not everyone can manage that. Congratulations.

8. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Keep it up... [​IMG]

9. man, i remember that post...
    so good to hear about the joys in your life!

10. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

My hats always off to anybody who can beat their demons.
    Congratulations on continuing to beat yours
    [​IMG]

11. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

12. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Impressive feat for which you are whole-heartedly congratulated! I have known people who just cannot accomplish what you have done-I have seen how hard it can be, and the damage to relationships and themselves that ensues.
    Keep it going!

13. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

my father-in-law (mopette's dad) is coming up on 4 years in april after 30 years of being a white collar alcoholic. pretty cool to see. he has changed very very much in the past 3.5 years. i don't even think he sees it.

14. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Keep it up. You can do it.

15. Lamp

Lamp 250+ Posts

Congrats, that's awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

Day by day, bro. Day by day.

17. Carr_Throws_Far

Carr_Throws_Far 25+ Posts

Congratulations. I am a friend of Bill W's, and it is a friendship that saved my life.

18. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

BHud,

[​IMG] to you! Phil. 4:13.

What a significant achievement ... God always manages to help you find strength when you think you have none.

May God continue to bless you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations. You seem to have found the key.

20. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I did not see your post from 2 years ago, but you were at a low point obviously. Congratulations on beating back all those "things" and finding the Light.

God bless you and your family.

21. The Muzzler

The Muzzler 100+ Posts

My hat is off to you sir! The best gift you can give your kids is a healthy father. My father passed away 10 years ago from liver failure due to chronic alcoholism. Sometimes I feel cheated by his alcoholism, but other times I feel he ad led by example.....yes, a BAD example, but a lesson none the less. Keep up the good work!

22. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

One Day at a Time!

I have just quit myself. My Dad was sober for about 9 years after being an alcoholic once my Mom passed. I basically followed in his footsteps, not the right ones of course, but I have realized that I can't take just one drink. It consumes me. It's hurting me and those I care about, and before I lose them or myself, I have decided no more! I'm done with it. With God all things are possible. I truly believe that, and I congratulate you on your 2 years! [​IMG]

23. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

congrats

24. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Good for you, NativeTXchic.

The lives of the people you care for will be so much better -- and so will yours.

25. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

Thanks for sharing BHud. That is truely awesome, and awe inspiring.

Kicking someone's demons is never an easy task. Good luck to you, and God's grace and peace to you and your family.

NativeTxChic-
    Good luck on your journey. It won't be easy, but remember there are a lot of people pulling for you, even if we have never met you...

26. Play Misti

Play Misti 25+ Posts

Nice work, brah

Good luck, nativetx chick

27. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If NTX has one half the resolve and ability shown in other things she is going to ace this. Good luck!

And BHud, awesome.

28. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

2020 may suck but...I'm still sober. And I'm still beyond thankful for you people that greeted me here, sans judgement, with open arms and hearts. Im still sober. I've helped 100s, maybe 1000s of other men and women in sobriety.

If you ever need help, or an ear, im available.
    Bryce@soberbygrace.org
    Hook em.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Good on YOU
    We are proud!!

30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

D*** proud of you BH, and I love that sign (guess it’s supposed to be called your avatar) but I love it.

• Like Like x 1