Inside the Committee's Deliberations

From the article: “There wasn’t any serious consideration of including Alabama without Texas because there was so much respect in the room for the Longhorns’ Week 2 win in Tuscaloosa.”
I would’ve been disappointed, and surprised, if he had said they considered it but decided otherwise. Despite what many say to the contrary (both here and elsewhere), the committee has been remarkably consistent and fair in what is an inherently difficult selection process.

Sounds like we would have been in regardless whether Georgia or Alabama won (because the Committee did not believe FSU could win it all), but the benefit of Alabama winning is that they are drawing most of the fire from disappointed FSU fans, whereas, if Georgia had won, we would have been number 4 and squarely in FSU's gunsights. ;)

Last edited:
For the final spot: Bama or FSU...

360_F_83922312_Y8Djst1yxZ56GOBuxA3T6Bj2pKFKrCsG.jpg

Sounds like we would have been in regardless whether Georgia or Alabama won (because the Committee did not believe FSU could win it all), but the benefit of Alabama winning is that they are drawing most of the fire from disappointed FSU fans, whereas, if Georgia had won, we would have been number 4 and squarely in FSU's gunsights. ;)

Believe me. I've conversed with several people about the selections. The people who hate us, hate us no matter what. Their hatred makes any casual conversation on this subject impossible. There isn't any logic behind their points as to why we shouldn't be in. Only hatred.

There wasn't much debate about Texas not getting in. Because they couldn't justify Alabama over Texas. So it was simply about Bama/FSU.

There wasn't much debate about Texas not getting in. Because they couldn't justify Alabama over Texas. So it was simply about Bama/FSU.

I've said it many times:

* Five Power 5 conference champions
* Three were undefeated
* Of the other two one-loss champions, Texas beat Alabama

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

I've said it many times:

* Five Power 5 conference champions
* Three were undefeated
* Of the other two one-loss champions, Texas beat Alabama

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas
Regardless it’s not our issue and the issue is going away next year. We are losing mucher focusness over this.

Last edited:
Next year we will get drama and whining about who has the best 3 loss team.

Hell, there is drama and whining over the basketball tourney, and who is #65 vs 66. Ridiculous!

EDIT: With the play-ins I suppose it is #68 vs 69. Still ridiculous.

Again, who cares that FSU is undefeated? Oh,, some of you, that's right. What is their SOS, and, more importantly, even with their 2nd string QB, how would ANYONE say they are a better team than Texas or Alabama? Good lord, this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Hell, there is drama and whining over the basketball tourney, and who is #65 vs 66. Ridiculous!

Yes, it is. It's part media (they like the conversation), coaches (it looks terrible if they're not in the top 69) and the fans (they just want so much!).

I expect there will be P*****g and m*****g about who is the 4th seed and gets a bye ...
"hookem"

Again, who cares that FSU is undefeated? Oh,, some of you, that's right. What is their SOS, and, more importantly, even with their 2nd string QB, how would ANYONE say they are a better team than Texas or Alabama? Good lord, this is beyond ridiculous at this point.
I was going to write this response as well
FSU looked terrible.
No one would take the opposite bet of my proposal here. Fine take FSU-
$1,000 per game FSU vs:
Bama
Georgia
Oregon
t OSU
Probably OU, as well.
The End.

Last edited:
Glad we're moving to 12 teams so we can argue over "who deserved the #12 spot" as opposed to "who deserved the #4 spot."

oh, speaking about SOS.
FSU beat
LSU
Miami
Florida
Louisville
etc
These teams have good athletes and coaches. FSU took care of biz when they could have faltered.

oh, speaking about SOS.
FSU beat
LSU
Miami
Florida
Louisville
etc
These teams have good athletes and coaches. FSU took care of biz when they could have faltered.
9-3 LSU
7-5 Miami
5-7 Florida
10-3 and horrible Louisville
etc

You are advocating for FSU over Bama, apparently. Their only loss being to us and then beating #1 Georgia really trumps everything except FSU being undefeated against a bunch of turds.

Anyway...Ford/Chevy. Why are you beating the FSU drum so hard? Who really gives a crap?

Maybe someone can help me out.
I was trying to figure out the bracket for a 12 team playoff but could not.
I can work out a Brackett for a 4, 8, 16

9-3 LSU
7-5 Miami
5-7 Florida
10-3 and horrible Louisville
etc

You are advocating for FSU over Bama, apparently. Their only loss being to us and then beating #1 Georgia really trumps everything except FSU being undefeated against a bunch of turds.

Anyway...Ford/Chevy. Why are you beating the FSU drum so hard? Who really gives a crap?
I am only responding to your posts so you are beating the drum hard on this subject also.
Look, bama is better than FSU at this moment. But that is an opinion, therefore it is subjective. I don't like teams being put in the CFP based on subjectivity and opinion, therefore what happens on the field matters and to me bama losing by double digits at home should cost them when FSU went undefeated. It now feels like "let's just put in whoever we think is best".
So this is travesty. This why I am banging the drum hard.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back