Internet dating - any normal women out there?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by texasdoc_2002, Jan 24, 2008.

1. texasdoc_2002

texasdoc_2002 25+ Posts

Are there any internet dating sites where you can actually meet normal women??

I am a doctor, divorced, still in my early 30s, and because of my crazy schedule have been trying to meet some women online. Most of them have not been what I expected.

I am of Indian ethnicity, so I have been using a few of those sites too, but am interested in all kinds of women so I don't want to restrict myself. In fact, I prefer Caucasian women.

Any advice? Best sites?

Thanks.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Lonely doc asks a simple question and you take 12 years to reply, we need to do better as a community

p.s. the start chat buttons are not working there

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No one has any patience anymore

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Go to the ethnic websites. Race is often overlooked for MD with m-o-n-e-y.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

:e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

You guys are killing me!! Funniest damn post and responses I've read probably in forever! 12 years to respond to Doc's question he says...hilarious!!
    :lmao:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I have a very normal friend who has tried all the big dating sites and says it is mostly scammers who want money. If I can get some good stories on great scams I will post. So far no money has been sent and I don't see any sent ever.

8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

What you see on the internet:
    [​IMG]

What you get in Reality..........
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yea that is pretty much what has happened to him
    That and the request for money do the can fly to Dallas to make hus dreams come true :rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep! I have yet to talk to a person who went the internet dating route tell me it was the best thing they ever did. The women tell me the men they met in reality were championship losers, unemployed, and usually 20-30 years older than their pictures, and the men say the women they met were buzzard's *** ugly, very overweight, broke and gold diggers.

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The Russians still advertise in the US to lure guys over to meet and marry young Russian women to take home with them, for a fee of course. IIRC, that was proven to be a scam, as many were prostitutes or dregs the Russian mafia cleaned up. But, do guys still fall for it?

I just saw an ad pop up on this site, about meeting beautiful women in Odessa. Well, “a fool and his money...”

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

No.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. theLobo

theLobo < 25 Posts

saw an interesting approach in Austin (about to go Texas-wide) called Swoovy
    swoovy.com
    I'll give them credit, nothing terribly new on the pairing/tech side of it all, but the idea is that you meet for a date and instead of dinner/coffee/salsa dancing/misdemeanors...you do a "light" philanthropic/charitable activity. If you think about at its psychological base, it makes all kinds of sense because if the woman is overly-excited to be there doing this with you, that's a red flag. And if she's bitching about how it's boring or weird or not romantic, she's gonna stink long-term. But you can really get a sense of a person on a date with charitable overtones/undertones. Plus, you can still go out and have a drink or bite to eat later. It's a very interesting platform that I'd like to take out to all Texas-Exes that are looking to date. Our common interests shouldn't be reduced to dancing, wine tastings, tapas, etc. It could be more like parks, education, music/ballet, helping the hungry, etc. You learn a lot more about a woman during times like that than you do from dinner and movie.

And they are doing some really cool stuff during this Covid19 outbreak in terms of pairing and savings, etc. Anyway, check them out.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I wonder if Doc remarried and is divorced again? Maybe now that technology is better we'd have some better advice anyway.

15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I totally wondered the same thing :lmao:

Not too long ago I became single again and tried out online dating before C-19 put the brakes on it. Normal women? Not many that I could tell.

As someone who already has a history of volunteering, the swoovy thing sounded very cool. Be aware that it's -only- available in the Austin area.