Post Left Wing looniness here

If Trump wins and GOP wins senate, I expect Alito to retire. Sotomayor will try to survive 4 more years. Trump could have 2 more SCOTUS nominations. That would be 5/9. Then you could call it TCOTUS with fine China.

If Trump wins and GOP wins senate, I expect Alito to retire. Sotomayor will try to survive 4 more years. Trump could have 2 more SCOTUS nominations. That would be 5/9. Then you could call it TCOTUS with fine China.

I think Thomas would likely retire too. I just hope the GOP actually takes the Senate. It likely will formally, but it could very easily be a 50-50 split requiring the VP. If that happens, we're not going to replace Alito or Thomas with anyone solid, because we'd need to hold both Mukowski and Collins. Not likely. We really need to flip OH, NV, and MT along with WV. (We're basically forfeiting AZ.)

Last edited:
Lake isn't that far behind in AZ.

If you think what all we saw in the 2022 AZ governor's election was legit I have some ocean front property in AZ I want to sell you.

JK Rowling is basically daring Scotland to arrest her for violating its new ******** hate crimes law.

Funny to read all the comments from people over there. "My car was broken into. Can they investigate that instead?" "My friend was attacked. Cops said they're too busy to look into that. How about that over hurt feelings?"

Lake isn't that far behind in AZ.

If you think what all we saw in the 2022 AZ governor's election was legit I have some ocean front property in AZ I want to sell you.

She's not that far behind, but she's up against a crackpot, not Kyrsten Sinema. A decent Republican nominee should be up 8 points.

She's not that far behind, but she's up against a crackpot, not Kyrsten Sinema. A decent Republican nominee should be up 8 points.

Arizona isn't a dependable conservative state anymore so about every senator has to be a RINO or a democrat.

Arizona isn't a dependable conservative state anymore so about every senator has to be a RINO or a democrat.

And don't say "McCain".

This mindset is why we lose winnable senate races. Democrats are less this way (and used to be much less this way). They wouldn't want Joe Manchin or Ben Nelson to be their Senate nominees in Rhode Island or California, but they didn't mind them being their nominees in West Virginia or Nebraska.

If it's either a "RINO" or a Democrat, then nominate a RINO. I'm not a McCain fan, but would a McCain starter kit be better than Ruben Gallego? Yes, and it's not even a close call. A guy who caucuses with you and votes with you 70 percent or even 50 percent of the time is better than a guy who doesn't caucus with you and votes with you 0 to 10 percent of the time.

And RINO is relative. John McCain, John Kyl, and Jeff Flake weren't as conservative as Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley (though Kyl's voting record actually was pretty solid) but were they better than Lisa Murkowski or Susan Collins? Yes. Are Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins better than Jim Jeffords and Lincoln Chaffee were? Yes. Were Jim Jeffords and Lincoln Chaffee better than Jacob Javits and Lowell Weicker? Yes. But as bad as they were, were Jacob Javits and Lowell Weicker better than Chuck Schumer and any Connecticut Democrat not named Joe Lieberman? Yes.

This mindset is why we lose winnable senate races. Democrats are less this way (and used to be much less this way). They wouldn't want Joe Manchin or Ben Nelson to be their Senate nominees in Rhode Island or California, but they didn't mind them being their nominees in West Virginia or Nebraska.

If it's either a "RINO" or a Democrat, then nominate a RINO. I'm not a McCain fan, but would a McCain starter kit be better than Ruben Gallego? Yes, and it's not even a close call. A guy who caucuses with you and votes with you 70 percent or even 50 percent of the time is better than a guy who doesn't caucus with you and votes with you 0 to 10 percent of the time.

And RINO is relative. John McCain, John Kyl, and Jeff Flake weren't as conservative as Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley (though Kyl's voting record actually was pretty solid) but were they better than Lisa Murkowski or Susan Collins? Yes. Are Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins better than Jim Jeffords and Lincoln Chaffee were? Yes. Were Jim Jeffords and Lincoln Chaffee better than Jacob Javits and Lowell Weicker? Yes. But as bad as they were, were Jacob Javits and Lowell Weicker better than Chuck Schumer and any Connecticut Democrat not named Joe Lieberman? Yes.

We've done this for ages and what has it gotten us? We keep losing in the long run even if we have the Senate and House.

I'm willing to go RINO in the northeast but we don't need a RINO in Arizona that goes along with the corruption there. We need a fighter who will take on the cartels and the illegal immigration.

Last edited:
We've done this for ages and what has it gotten us? We keep losing in the long run even if we have the Senate and House.

I'm willing to go RINO in the northeast but we don't need a RINO in Arizona that goes along with the corruption there. We need a fighter who will take on the cartels and the illegal immigration.

But as you indicated, you're not going to get that in AZ. Why not flip the seat and get someone who's going to vote with you most of the time rather than someone who will virtually never vote with you?

But as you indicated, you're not going to get that in AZ. Why not flip the seat and get someone who's going to vote with you most of the time rather than someone who will virtually never vote with you?

I probably wasn't clear in my post but I didn't say never. It would be harder to win with a real conservative in AZ but it's not hopeless chance like in the northeast. However, we can't keep pissing away the country for partial wins.

You won't agree with me but populist politicians are the only ones who can fix this country. The establishment RINOs and libs have driven it into the ground.

Lake accumulated a million dollars in one night at Mar-a-Lago. She can fundraise.

I probably wasn't clear in my post but I didn't say never. It would be harder to win with a real conservative in AZ but it's not hopeless chance like in the northeast. However, we can't kpppeep pissing away the country for partial wins.

You won't agree with me but populist politicians are the only ones who can fix this country. The establishment RINOs and libs have driven it into the ground.

Lake accumulated a million dollars in one night at Mar-a-Lago. She can fundraise.

Populist politicians can fix some things, and they can screw up other things. They might stop illegal immigration (good) but oppose entitlement reform (extremely bad). They might pull out of the UN (good) and be tougher on foreign aid but also pull out of NATO (bad). There's good and bad.

And though a populist may theoretically be able to win in AZ under ideal conditions, but it's a very high risk move. The bottom line is that populists can't command majority to do anything on their own. They have to play ball and build a coalition to win in most states, including AZ.

Ya know, I’m struggling to think of a ‘selfish’ reason to have children. Imho it’s a heck of an unselfish act to raise a child.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back