Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

At least 5 months is right before the season starts. But we know how Vic likes to ease previously injured players into the line up!! Bet she doesn’t see a lot of minutes until around conference play in January!
I got a different feeling from Vic's comments. Rori will be 100% by end of October. That doesn't mean she won't practice until after that; it means 100% healthy. She'll likely be practicing (maybe somewhat limited) with the team in September and October. Those October practices will give Vic the confirmation (or not) as to how many minutes she can play in a game. Probably the cupcake games she'll play less minutes; but I'd bet a game like at UConn she'll play her most minutes.

I got a different feeling from Vic's comments. Rori will be 100% by end of October. That doesn't mean she won't practice until after that; it means 100% healthy. She'll likely be practicing (maybe somewhat limited) with the team in September and October. Those October practices will give Vic the confirmation (or not) as to how many minutes she can play in a game. Probably the cupcake games she'll play less minutes; but I'd bet a game like at UConn she'll play her most minutes.
I'm feeling the same, and hoping we're right.

xFjPQeu.jpeg

I’m getting a little concerned.. is Taylor still with the team? I don’t see her in any of the clips with team. Instead, she’s in Hawaii.

I’m getting a little concerned.. is Taylor still with the team? I don’t see her in any of the clips with team. Instead, she’s in Hawaii.

Maybe she went on a vacation trip with family. I would be very surprised if she left the team, especially with the portal not being open. She is slated to be the starting Center next season with Oldacre being her backup.

Maybe she went on a vacation trip with family. I would be very surprised if she left the team, especially with the portal not being open. She is slated to be the starting Center next season with Oldacre being her backup.
I've learned from players in other UT sports that they have a 3 week window in the summer in which to have "vacation" and then it's back to the grind of workouts and practice. Maybe she's just on vacation?

Jordan Lee Wins Gold
Jordan Lee wins gold medal with USA Basketball U18 team - University of Texas Athletics
It is one thing to be named to the U18 team. It's another thing to start every game.

It will be fun to see who will be earning the bulk of Shaylee's minutes: Jordan, Laila, or ?.

It all depends when Rori slowly works her way back into the starting lineup. I think Laila will get the bulk of Shaylee's minutes, with Shay, Jordan getting extended playing time as the backups. I also expect Jordana and Jak to play as well.

I don't know how I missed these videos. Enjoy.

Vic:

Jordan Lee:

Thanks, Loyal. Great find.
Welcome, Jordan, can't wait to see you on the 40.
Lord I love me some Vic. I would run thru a brick wall for him; can only imagine how his team feels about him. As Vic frequently says, "Praise the Lord & Hook 'Em Horns"!

Last edited:

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back