Tom Herman on Line 1…

Cool - I’ll swing by for some head butts, sloppy kisses, look at some pee charts together, then we’ll sing The Eyes. Just like the good ol’ days

peace out!!:mj:

Guys, DKR looks great on the outside. And those lockers are fire, yes. There is the Sugar Bowl against Georgia too.... annnd DOUBLE BIRD *******!!!

Herman was a means to an ends. The team was in far better shape than when he started, unlike the Charlie Strong Experience, which had 3/3 losing records.

Herman brought the team back to wining records, and was 3-0 in bowls. But his on average 1 of 3 wins per year between OSU/OU/TCU put him on thin ice, and then his insults to fans during the offseason sealed his fate.

I really thought Tom was The One when we hired him. But damn those lockers are nice. And that Sugar Bowl. But those Maryland losses ewww.

Two losses to Maryland, and was it one or both to USC?

He might have gotten another year as coach if he hadn't insulted the fan base with his foolish "yeah you cheer for the Saturday but are you gonna let them run your company come Monday?".

Well yes if they have an engineering or business degree and 10 years of demonstrable project management experience and excellent results. But if they have a sports management degree and ran around with an inflatable ball 12 weekends a year, probably not. Any more than Herman would hire said dude to do his taxes or deliver his children.

Anyway, it (surprisingly) worked out. Texas definitely traded up on a head coach.

That one didn't bother me at the time. Drew Lock was a douchewaffle deluxe with whipped cream and sprinkles, and the rest of their team spent the week of the bowl prep being serious ******** towards our guys. I took that as celebrating with our guys by imitating the "secure the bag" move that Lock liked to do.

After he added flipping the double bird to LHN cameras on signing day, the Eyes fiasco, and other obvious signs of immaturity, I was no longer willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy can coach, but lacked the maturity to lead a major program.

That one didn't bother me at the time. Drew Lock was a douchewaffle deluxe with whipped cream and sprinkles, and the rest of their team spent the week of the bowl prep being serious ******** towards our guys. I took that as celebrating with our guys by imitating the "secure the bag" move that Lock liked to do.

After he added flipping the double bird to LHN cameras on signing day, the Eyes fiasco, and other obvious signs of immaturity, I was no longer willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy can coach, but lacked the maturity to lead a major program.
I too thought he was going to be a good coach and he was an upgrade from the social experiment of Charlie Strong. Binder boy just wasnt a good fit for Texas and doesnt appear to be a good fit elsewhere. No ill will, just not whats expected for Texas. As DeLoss said, "we are the Jones" and I think CDC is very similar to DeLoss as a AD. Lets hope the train keeps rolling.

i was fine with the players doing it. I winced at the head coach doing it. He was young.

What Sangre said. Honestly, if one of our opponents had disrespected this year's edition of the Longhorns the way mizzoo did and Sark did it, I would love it.
Herman's act was already getting old by that time. All the same, I kind of liked it from him at that time.
Overall Herman was immature, thin-skinned, and arrogant in a way that belied his own insecurity. In truth I think he is sort of an egghead, but doing a tough guy routine.

I like the Secure The Bag Herman routine.

But- I saw the three handpicked Mizzou players being interviewed dressed in slacks on a stage completely disrespect the UT defense and that Locke Qb couldn’t wait to face the substandard UT secondary. If i recall he was going to set a record.
So, as much as I dislike Herman, I do like this antic.

Last edited:
To paraphrase Vito Corleone, players and fans be careless, but never head coaches.

It was an infamnia. I'm blown away that anyone on this board thinks it was acceptable. Jesus.

Edit: There are some people around here that I would not be blown away by, but not the people who have posted about it so far.

:whiteflag:

Last edited:
To paraphrase Vito Corleone, players and fans be careless, but never head coaches.

It was an infamnia. I'm blown away that anyone on this board thinks it was acceptable. Jesus.

Edit: There are some people around here that I would not be blown away by, but not the people who have posted about it so far.

:whiteflag:
I do understand the sentiment that a leader be above this and I consider Sark or Mack as great leaders and point taken, Sark and Mack wouldn’t have done this.
However, I’m barring my soul here in admitting I slow clapped when Tommy Boy did this and only because I seen the MIZZOU players trash UT in a formal interview sitting within handshake distance across from UT players.
Once I seen Locke mocking UT I knew he needed replaced.

Last edited:
I do understand the sentiment that a leader be above this and I consider Sark or Mack as great leaders and point taken, Sark and Mack wouldn’t have done this.
However, I’m barring my soul here in admitting I slow clapped when Tommy Boy did this and only because I seen the MIZZOU players trash UT in a formal interview sitting across from UT players.l before the game.
Once I seen Locke mocking UT I knew he needed replaced.
I hear ya. Key part being players, not their head coach. Our supposedly Mensa dude was retarded.

HiC, normally I’d agree but mizzoo and that QB were so stupid and obnoxious.
I knew better but icould not help it but to smile when it happened. It’s not often karma gets served up quite so perfectly.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back