ISU keeps it up

Other schools are going to hate us, doesn't matter what conference we're in. I'm bored with the current group of haters, though, ready for a new group of haters.

They're losing UT and OU. They will no longer be relevant notwithstanding TCU's march last year to the championship game. The Big 12 needed the money UT and OU football brought in. Strength of schedule was a factor. Now, there is no compelling story other than Deion. He is their only hope for relevancy. They can hate all they want. It's sad to live a life where what you are is cause for such great resentment.

They're losing UT and OU. They will no longer be relevant notwithstanding TCU's march last year to the championship game. The Big 12 needed the money UT and OU football brought in. Strength of schedule was a factor. Now, there is no compelling story other than Deion. He is their only hope for relevancy. They can hate all they want. It's sad to live a life where what you are is cause for such great resentment.
Yes, it was a missed opportunity to tell the nation why playing AT ISU is great alternative to playing at Texas or OU. Instead they look pitiful trying to tear down Texas.

Wow the Jack Trice story is shocking. I regret that happened to him. At least he is honored.

What I don't get is the hate/jealously from the ISU players. Can anyone explain in clear terms what is going on? Texas does not have a long history with ISU, do they feel the same way about other former BIG 8 teams?

EDIT: Is this the way players and fans feel towards Texas or is the hate/jealously just fluff for TV and the Internet?

Last edited:
I am missing something in the explanation.
What is shocking in the naming of the stadium
Sad yes but shocking

What I don't get is the hate/jealously from the ISU players. Can anyone explain in clear terms what is going on? Texas does not have a long history with ISU, do they feel the same way about other former BIG 8 teams?

EDIT: Is this the way players and fans feel towards Texas or is the hate/jealously just fluff for TV and the Internet?
The Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees syndrome. Its just what comes with being The Texas Longhorns :hookem:

The Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees syndrome. Its just what comes with being The Texas Longhorns

For the opposition, this is their Super Bowl, World Series and National Championship. They play out of their minds against the best teams in their respective sports. It's their only shot.

Wow the Jack Trice story is shocking. I regret that happened to him. At least he is honored.

It was selfishness on his part to frame the game that way. Incredibly stupid.

Texas envy is wide spread. It probably has its roots in the Permanent University Fund the goes back to the Yates field and Permian Basin oil. U T has as much money as Harvard or anybody based on the oil revenues, which grow hugely with higher oil prices. We aren’t historically humble nor should we be. F’ em. We have a great athletic pool to draw from, likely the fattest NIL in the country, good coaches, and a fabulous team chemistry. The future should be roses. The only thing that can screw us is need for immediate gratification, too many poor cooks in the kitchen, and impatience. One does not develop supremacy mind set one day by wishing it to be. Let the process work.

Perhaps we owe a debt of gratitude to young Jarrod Hufford. Without his motivational speech, do we still win? Probably, but who knows?

Perhaps we owe a debt of gratitude to young Jarrod Hufford. Without his motivational speech, do we still win? Probably, but who knows?

I think it was a factor. It's my anecdotal opinion that our players consistently underestimate the hatred towards UT. The smack talk reminded them. They were probably ready to roll getting off the bus.

I hope someone posts jerk Yormack's quote calling for tceh to "take care of business in Austin Thanksgiving" in the locker room in huge capitol letters.
Maybe 3" high.

Never understood the smack talk. Are you trying to reassure yourself or, unwittingly motivate the other side?

Never understood the smack talk. Are you trying to reassure yourself or, unwittingly motivate the other side?

Self motivation, I've been told

The way I see it, if you have to use that as self motivation you have deep self doubt. Trash talking is going to fire up the other guy so I see no point

Last edited:
Yes, it was a missed opportunity to tell the nation why playing AT ISU is great alternative to playing at Texas or OU. Instead they look pitiful trying to tear down Texas.
You’re 100% right. That’s the problem with a hater mentality. They constantly overlook opportunities to promote positives in themselves and instead just cast shade. It’s so sad when the cameras show young children throwing horned down because you know they’ve been taught to hate. It’s shameful parenting.

I was fortunate to see the wall dedicated to Jack Trice at his stadium. As I read the plaques on the wall, a few Iowa State families, who treated me very well, stopped and asked multiple times that I please share his story with other Texans. One man said it was one of the greatest stories in college football history. They were all clearly prideful about Jack Trice and it seemed even more important to them than the outcome of any game.

You’re 100% right. That’s the problem with a hater mentality. They constantly overlook opportunities to promote positives in themselves and instead just cast shade. It’s so sad when the cameras show young children throwing horned down because you know they’ve been taught to hate. It’s shameful parenting.
aggie says HI!

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back