Random Offseason News

The two contract pages from LC’s post above.

“The University will pay 60% of the guaranteed compensation directly to Sark Enterprises, Inc. on a bi-monthly basis and %40 for base salary on a monthly basis.”

page1.png

page2.png

really loved the Cowboys back then! my all-time favorite team. brings back memories.
In baseball that would not count as a catch.
Personally, if they had said that was a drop I would have not argued very hard but glad they called it a catch.
hmmm, my next thought is would Worthy make the extra effort to get his hands on the ball like Johnson did.

Seems fair. Grossly overpaid, but fair considering that's the current market rate.

No, Jumbo was grossly overpaid being guaranteed a giant salary before he stepped foot on campus as the coach. Sark earned his fair market value and is worth every penny based on the results, popularity and revenue being generated by the program. His salary is chump change in comparison.

No, Jumbo was grossly overpaid being guaranteed a giant salary before he stepped foot on campus as the coach. Sark earned his fair market value and is worth every penny based on the results, popularity and revenue being generated by the program. His salary is chump change in comparison.
All I am saying is I think the whole market is way overinflated, not that Sark isn't worth the money given what he has accomplished in three years with a "prove it" type salary.

All I am saying is I think the whole market is way overinflated, not that Sark isn't worth the money given what he has accomplished in three years with a "prove it" type salary.

I get it. My brain still lives in the world when head coaches made $400-$500k a year. It's insane, but there's so much money on the line for the school they have to pay it.

Duke,

That may be the most difficult question ever on this site. A few:

1) 73 OU I think that was 62-13 & the third loss in a row to OU was the beginning of the end for the DKR era

2) ND in 71 Cotton Bowl - dirtiest damn team I've ever seen.

3) 79 A&M We were headed to the Sugar Bowl with maybe our best defense ever, a defense which I think was on the field 50 minutes of the game. A&M coaching staff did an outstanding job of scheming and carrying out their plan.

4) UGA Cotton Bowl

5) UCLA - Might be higher up if not for that face saving FG so Mackovic wasn't shut out

6) Freedom Bowl - that was a political nightmare. Fred accepted bid without Deloss knowing and to get even the "we hate Fred" group kept the school from offering tickets. Season ticket holders got no notice or opportunity to purchase tickets. Miserable conditions in SoCal and worse performance.

7) Cotton Bowl against the convicts

8) Third Ward in the Dome I think we threw more picks than completions

9) Miss State & Jackie Sherrill tie with Loserville & Schnellenberger

10) Mack Brown era needs its own catagory for losing to far less talented teams

64 Arkansas? Cost us natty

That drop and Craig Curry's dropped punt against Georgia cost us one Natty for sure, and probably two.

The winner of the nubb canes game was going to be voted #1. We don't like it but it's true. The following March, 60 days later , *Brad Sham at krld radio/ Dallas did a poll of the poll voters he personally knew, asked who they would vote #1 if Texas had won. Miami was by and far the winner of that poll. He received answers from about half the voters

It wouldn't have been the first or tenth time an undefeated team got hosed.

* sham hated texas, hated fielding calls from Horn fans about a fumbled punt being the reason we didn't win a natty. The person doing the actual calling iirc was either art Haines or chuck Cooperstein in their younger days

Last edited:
Run,

I don't like to think about that game. I was a few years away from graduating HS. That memory is compounded by my total disgust and "dislike" for Kenny Hatfield, who returned the punt for the TD, and later coached the dirtiest team I have ever seen in Memorial Stadium

I need to figure out a way to be a "bestie" of Coach Sark. Then could go to all the games and maybe even watch from a suite. :headbang:

Run,

That memory is compounded by my total disgust and "dislike" for Kenny Hatfield, who returned the punt for the TD, and later coached the dirtiest team I have ever seen in Memorial Stadium
Ken Hatfield: grrrrrrr....uuuuuuugh...pppppstdht
(the sounds of blowing it out both ends)

I think the most devastating loss was the Tech game for a couple of reasons. 1) We were a better team that season than in 2009. With Quan and Orakpo (two all time greats) we were just much better than the next season. No doubt in my mind we would have won the NC. 2) We had two chances to win that game and completely failed at both with the dropped INT and then Earl inexplicably just not tackling Crabtree. All time missed opportunity that still hurts me to think about.

I feel like we have been on the receiving end on those types of losses more than we’ve given those types of losses.

Also, that loss arguably cost Colt the Heisman - am I remembering that year correctly? Didn’t Sam Bradford win it in 2008? (Sort of related, while pondering history … I remain pissed off that Colt and VY did not win. Sad, too, that Roosevelt Leaks might have been our first Heisman, if not for his injury.)
:bevo:

Also, that loss arguably cost Colt the Heisman - am I remembering that year correctly? Didn’t Sam Bradford win it in 2008? (Sort of related, while pondering history … I remain pissed off that Colt and VY did not win. Sad, too, that Roosevelt Leaks might have been our first Heisman, if not for his injury.)
:bevo:
Yes that was Colt’s best year by far. Catastrophic loss.

Yes that was Colt’s best year by far. Catastrophic loss.

It's arguable that Bradford outplayed Colt in that game, but the kicker was how they both performed against Tech. Bradford put up a QBR of 94.5 that day, and didn't even play in the 4th quarter.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back