Smollett verdict...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mb227, Dec 9, 2021.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Jury is in...parties have been recalled to the courtroom.

Announcement pending!

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

National Review is reporting a guilty verdict on five of six counts.

3. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Impossible! Another Black Man Railroaded by honkey justice! When's the (mostly) peaceful protest against this injustice?

The real challenge will be the sentence. If he was worth a damn to the ruling class, he'd get the 100 hours of community service, like former FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith, who lied on a FISA warrant and committed perjury.

But Mr. Lynching Victims has no further use to the Ruling Class, so he's at the mercy of the judge. It'll either be "you have caused great harm to the justice system and ...", or "people have said mean things about you online. You are the real victim here" (actual theme of the KGBI scum Clinesmith's sentence from the Democrat judge).

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What's astounding is that he actually tried this stunt. I'm sure he wanted to promote his career and make a political point. However, this type of scam would be incredibly hard to pull off.

First, the location of the alleged assault was highly suspect. Attacked by MAGA people in the middle of Chicago? Really? That's about as likely as getting attacked by a black gang in Hulett, Wyoming.

Second, did he think the Chicago PD would half-*** the investigation and never find the perpetrators? Of course not. They would have been called racist and homophobic if they had. They were going to find the perpetrators. And dumbass Smollett hired dudes who didn't fit or even come close to the description he reported. You wouldn't likely confuse a Nigerian for a white guy. Another reason to be spuspicious.

Finally, when these guys were caught, did he think they wouldn't throw him under the bus? $3,500 is a nice chunk of change. You can buy a significant amount of booze with that. However, if these guys had protected Smollett and hadn't told the police the truth, they would have been facing big jail time and big fines. Nobody's going to do that just to make a fake hate crime look real.

It was just a stupid move. There are easier and less risky ways of making the supply of white-on-black racism look a lot higher than it actually is.

6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Hey now who are you making fun of? They have an art gallery in Hulett, and at least 2 stop signs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

As absurd as it all is, I am still surprised he was found guilty. After all, Floyd was given a hero's funeral with a stagecoach.

8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Did they loot Michigan Avenue last night?

9. horninchicago

Dunno. Have the usual race baiters weighed in? Has Hollyweird decried this racist and homophobic jury? In one of the most liberal cities in the country, of course.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I hear Beetle Juice is disappointed that retailers in Chicago have not provided security in their stores to combat the crime. Why anyone lives in Chicago, New York, Seattle or California is amazing to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. horninchicago

I don't go into Chicago. Won't go to any Texas Exes game watching if/when Texas gets it together. Not spending money over there.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

He probably had the misfortune of the two black individuals on the jury being from neighborhoods which might have benefited from those 3000 hours of police effort put into Juicy's lying.

Dave Chappelle nailed this one perfectly...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What is worse is that he seems intent on doubling down on the waste of court time and billable hours to appeal.

Perhaps Juicy should pay attention that SOME States have actually prosecuted (successfully) people who perjured themselves on an appeal. I don't know if Crook County would do so, but I suspect his sentence is going to include a trial penalty after he got on the stand to lie about this nonsense AGAIN. And the judge could not have been pleased at his delay in showing back up after telling ALL parties to be no more than a half-hour away for when the verdict came in and Juicy waltzes in almost an hour after the announcement and calls...

15. horninchicago

Well, screw the judge since Juicy was released on his own recognizance. Should have been led away in cuffs like 99% of people would have been.

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

99%? No. Defendants who are on bond are often continued to sentencing on a non-violent case. It is not unique to this case...

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

From a very high-level, I feel that if I were black or gay that I would be very upset with Jussie because his case fuels the idea that minorities are embellishing their problems. Those who support him unconditionally are making a mistake.

It's the same with Kaepernick. His protests are certainly legal and the right of every American. We know there are far too many cases of police brutality and corruption (which entered my consciousness when I read the book Serpico in high school). But his mistake was asking us to make a choice between the anthem or his concerns. It was a tactical error and his stubbornness is misguided. He believes he is inerrant.

He's not. Jussie is not.

Call them out and be smarter about activism. Mistakes are magnified.

It's just the way it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You should change your name to HOC.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. horninchicago

I live in Burr Ridge. I should change it to horninburrridge.

Does hibr have the same ring to it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. horninchicago

Okay, my mistake.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

20211210_172543.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he'll end up spending less time in jail than a Jan 6th trespasser.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

FB_IMG_1639164689398.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What he did is absolutely terrible for real victims. People do get assaulted because of their race. It's no where near as common as the media suggests that it is, but it does happen. When hyped up stories like this get shown to be BS, it makes people more likely to disbelieve others who makes similar claims. He did more to hurt blacks than Richard Spencer ever could.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

No doubt. And what about all the Liberal elites who piled on with their aggressive support and guilty (those whom Jussie accused) until proven innocent attitude. Kamala was very vocal in support of Jussie. Just like she was in the Kavanaugh hearings.

But Liberals don't care. They're sick in the head. They will believe that Kavanaugh did it (with no proof except a woman willing to come forward) and that Jussie didn't (with overwhelming evidence that he did). They are gone. You can't negotiate with them. They are vile and ruthless. They have an agenda and being truthful is not only not an option, it's not even considered. They know the end and the means are by whatever is necessary.

26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Don Lemon agrees with us:

Black Lives Matter stands with Jussie Smollett after verdict, but Don Lemon does not

"Meanwhile, Lemon turned his back on Smollett during his CNN show Thursday night, calling the actor a liar who made it more difficult for real victims of hate crimes to come forward.

"He had to make up too many lies as to why he didn't want to do certain things ... to cover. Like another lie — and I guess he got caught up in that because he took the stand himself," Lemon said on "Don Lemon Tonight." "He got angry with the prosecutor as the prosecutor poked holes in his story — calling the only other witnesses liars."

Lemon added: "Here's what folks are concerned about — that what he did might undermine future victims, legitimate victims of hate crimes."

Lemon didn't mention that his own name came up during the trial. Smollett testified that the CNN host allegedly sent him a message informing him that Chicago police didn't believe his account of what happened the night of the alleged attack — a revelation that spurred ethical questions for the journalist."

BLM's response in the article indicates they do not care about anything except their war. Jussie is a detail that has zero impact on them. They do not wish to negotiate anything. I'm not sure they can be reached.

27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Um, why does Black Lives Matter still stand with Jussie Smollett ?

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

It helps the grifters with getting their grift game on...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

If you think about it, this is history made. Jessie Smollett is probably the first to ever get convicted for beating himself up

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I explained that already somewhere on this site.