2023 BOWL SCHEDULE

Lots of awesome :rolleyes1: bowls upcoming. One has to wonder why they even happen. Obviously, money. Where does it come from when you have two 6-6 teams that very few care about?

New Years Day kind of sucks except for Michigan-Alabama and Texas-Washington.

as for the rest of the bowl schedule … maybe I’ll watch OK State-TAMU.

And Georgia-FSU. Two teams that are probably PO’d about being shut out of the playoffs.

Last edited:
And Georgia-FSU. Two teams that are probably PO’d about being shut out of the playoffs.
Wonder how long that stellar FSU defense can keep them in the game - the FSU offense will be very hard-pressed to do anything against the Georgia defense. It would be nice to see the game remain competitive into the fourth quarter.

Lots of awesome :rolleyes1: bowls upcoming. One has to wonder why they even happen. Obviously, money. Where does it come from when you have two 6-6 teams that very few care about?
Money, yes, and the GLAMOR of being in a BOWL!!!*

*one of 42 freaking bowls
:lmao:

By contracts, when I was a freshman in high school 50 years ago, there were only eleven bowl games, total. No wonder they all felt so special back then.

From the 1973-74 season:

Cotton Bowl, Rose Bowl, and Orange Bowl (Jan. 1)
Sugar Bowl (Dec. 31)
Bluebonnet, Gator, and Sun Bowl (Dec. 29)
Peach Bowl (Dec. 28)
Tangerine Bowl (Dec. 22)
Fiesta Bowl (Dec. 21, in Pittsburgh, PA)
Liberty Bowl (Dec. 17)

1973 College Football Bowl Games | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

And for the 1963-64 season there nine bowl games. Same list as above, minus the Fiesta Bowl and the Peach Bowl.

Its definitely overkill. Teams at 500 should not be in the bowl games but as long as poor business decisions are made that keep funding these bowls, it wont change. The business world has a lot of people making money decisions that are not qualified to run a lemonade stand in a small neighborhood.

Ole, Thanks for posting the schedule! It is my official reference point for the schedule and have referenced it several times

My pleasure. When I see how many Hornfans use it that makes it a worthwile project every year. It is my favorite place to look at the schedule also. Glad Dionysus supports it.

Cure bowl in Orlando is being played in a downpour. 1.5” in 1st half alone.

Tceh 24
Cal 14

Halftime
Hated to see tt win this one just because of what happened last year with Texas. tt has had penis envy of Texas for 20+ yrs. Leach had some good teams and that fueled the issue and Mack had turtle syndrome a few times as well. Either way after the b12 commish let his aligator mouth overload his canary *** I dont wish for any b12 teams to win other than Texas. Well maybe okstate to leave a skid mark on atm.

Hated to see tt win this one just because of what happened last year with Texas. tt has had penis envy of Texas for 20+ yrs. Leach had some good teams and that fueled the issue and Mack had turtle syndrome a few times as well. Either way after the b12 commish let his aligator mouth overload his canary *** I dont wish for any b12 teams to win other than Texas. Well maybe okstate to leave a skid mark on atm.
Tech may end up as the best program in the new B12.

Tech may end up as the best program in the new B12.
I believe Utah and ok state will hold that title. Who knows if cu will amount to much. Their qb is legit and if he has time to throw then they could be a factor but neon deons mouth is on overload from the day he was born. He was one of the best player in college and pros but not sure he is a worthy coach. His mouth is worthy but skills, who knows. His kids and hunter could have won in their division with almost zero help so its hard to judge his coaching ability. He sure ate crow this year and didnt like it.

Aaron Rodgers made me root for Tceh this year.

Am almost tempted to go to Bowl game in Frisco tomorrow.
It is just so easy and convenient. You drive up and you are there. Kinda like SMU
Nice stadium and it is the Roadrunners.

I suppose we should all cheer for Minnesota today by virtue of the Golden Gophers being the only 5-win team to be invited to a bowl. (Out of necessity, apparently.)

Last edited:
Just curious how many of you watch these bowls with <7 win teams. Where does the revenue come from to support them?

Just curious how many of you watch these bowls with <7 win teams. Where does the revenue come from to support them?
ESPN uses the games as inventory and sells the games to the sponsors. Then sells commercial time to the advertisers.

Last edited:
Took a look on the internet. Apparently the price to sponsor a bowl is a good deal considering the audience and also taking into consideration the number of times company is mentioned on national tv and the internet. Think about it they have three hours or so of commercial time. Each team is required to purchase x number of seats. Sponsors pay between 375 and 400 thousand to sponsor a bowl. Attendence is not much of a consideratin. The TV audience is the money maker.

Last edited:
These things have all been snoozers. No one goes and no one watches. Again, just dont understand companies wasting money sponsoring the loser bowls. My gut tells me the ROI is zero so whomever makes that decision better be the owner or they should be looking for a new job.

These things have all been snoozers. No one goes and no one watches. Again, just dont understand companies wasting money sponsoring the loser bowls. My gut tells me the ROI is zero so whomever makes that decision better be the owner or they should be looking for a new job.
I don’t think the sponsorship money is high (like $250-500k or such for the lower bowls). Most of the funding comes from espn selling television ads. I could be wrong but the sponsorship is not what funds the bowl.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back