Baltimore Crime Rate Soaring

Speaking of rising crime in baseball (and to test the x embedding) how are these strikes??

Edit: Yup, x.com worked!

Well, that didn't take long.

That call was so bad that it's pretty clear that the ump knew it was a ball and called it a strike out of spite. He didn't like the batter's reaction to the previous call, so he punished him.

Never show up the ump. If you don't get tossed from the game outright, you will be punished in other ways.

Well sometimes it pays off.

georgebrett-royals.gif

^Excerpt from the linked article:

One of the most well-known statutes in Prop. 47 raised the minimum amount of stolen goods from $400 to $950 for a theft case to be classified as a felony, which critics consider to be the main cause of a rise in petty theft across the state.

The liberal crime bill also allows felons currently serving prison terms to petition for reduced sentences under the new classifications.

"I thought it was a good idea then because we need to give people an opportunity, we need to give people a chance," Mr. Canepa told CBS.

But now, with the explosion of retail theft in California and elsewhere, he says he was wrong to back the measure.

"I made a mistake, it was a big mistake, and you have to acknowledge your mistake. By doing this, what we've done is we're, letting people take thousands and thousands of dollars. And why should people be subjugated?" Mr. Canepa said.

Now comes the hard part - getting the law repealed and enforcing jail time on offenders. We'll see if someone else will step up and join him in a crusade against this atrocious law.

I'll give the guy credit for his admission, but now he needs to publicly start working to fix the law and condemning woke prosecutors who won't enforce shoplifting laws.

No way he will. He supported the bill based off feel good liberal group think, but in true liberal behavior he won't have the spine to work on legislation to get it over turned.

Consider me pissed off. How did we get to this point? That video was disgusting yet I'm not surprised given the hate since summer 2020.

I think you have to go back further than '20. It really goes back to the Ferguson riots in '14 and the media's and Justice Department's hyping of them. That's when BLM really became a big national movement and when white liberals went crazy.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back