Baltimore Crime Rate Soaring

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, May 28, 2015.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You're an antisemite. Or antidentite. Or something bad.

5. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

That's me!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What a **** show!

7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Surprised "woke" Amazon would close it. Goes against their message. I guess that's when you know things are REALLY bad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And after decades a large Safeway near Fisherman's wharf will close in May.
    Guess being woke only goes so far.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

10. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Can't blame the companies one bit. They should make a reasonable return for their investors, and t's apparently impossible to do that when you have outrageously high theft (and local authorities won't do anything about it).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I can blame them since they encouraged and funded violence and law breaking during 2020.

If you show a company that was highly against BLM, then I will feel bad for that company being a victim.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To be fair, had they come out against BLM, a bunch of violent white liberals would have destroyed their stores and assaulted their people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Theft was part of it, but this is a bigger problem than just that. Taxes are very high in these big cities, as are labor costs. Furthermore, the regulatory climate is pretty onerous, especially in cities in blue states like California. It was only a matter of time before companies would start looking for a way out. I think they delayed when there was still significant population growth, but now that the populations aren't growing much, there's no reason to stay.

14. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Yes, that would have made for a crappy 2020 and 2021 but potentially a decent 2023 for the firm.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Can someone please tell me the upside to 6th Street? Even when I was young, I thought it was just a bunch of drunk losers pissing and vomiting on themselves. Add fighting to that . . .

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Austin is a festering craphole. It pains me to say it, but it's true.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

You and me both. By the mid 90s you could see this coming

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

In the mid-90's I worked for GTE as a Network Engineer and in the evenings, we would go to 6th street for drinks, bands, etc. No problem. I recently told my wife, "Not a chance in hell today."

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In 2004, I stupidly let myself get dragged to a club with a bunch of friends. (I went because a chick I liked was going.) I saw a dude crouched on the floor in the back clearly in pain. I walked over to him and said, "hey man, are you ok?"

Immediately, another guy and his girl grabbed me and pulled me through a hallway out the back door (which was only a few steps away). They started screaming, "he got beat up by a guy in there, and our other friend is getting beaten up in there right now by the same guy. You need to go in and fight the guy and help our friend! He's gonna get killed!! Help!!"

I said, "whoa, I'm not fighting anybody. There's a cop right down the alley. I'm going to get him." They screamed, "no!!! No cops!! You can take him. Just go fight!" Since I'm not stupid, I ignored them and got the cop's attention, and he quickly came.

Seconds later, their friend gets shoved out the same back door about ten inches from me by the guy beating him up. The guy immediately pulls a knife from his pocket and stabs him in the chest in front of us. Obviously the cop immediately jumped him and cuffed him.

I pretty much swore off of 6th Street after that.

• WTF? WTF? x 4
  20. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Man, why doesn't this crap ever happen around me?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

What I notice first about that video is the demographic.

My first trip to 6th Street in the early 90s saw a guy get thrown through a store front window. It has always been a bad place.

• Like Like x 1
  22. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Hey, that was me! (The guy kicking *** not the wuss getting his *** kicked.)

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Are you envying the guy who got stabbed, or are you envying me for seeing it? Seeing the dude in the assless chaps in San Francisco traumatized me more, but this certainly isn't something I'd want to see again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You can post on Hornfans from prison now?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The noisy dance club and bar scene never appealed to me. Far too noisy and far too many drunks. As much as I talk about beer (and now whisky) and enjoy both, I'm not a fan of wild drunkenness. It's obnoxious, leads to stupid decisions, and at times, it's gross.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

No, I'd like to have the chance to diffuse and disarm the nut job with the knife.

27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If you only knew JUST how many contraband phones are in the units...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think even you would have had a hard time, not because the guy looked that strong but because it happened in a split second. There was no time to even react.

I'm sure you would have had some fun with the guy after the stabbing. The cop sure did. He immediately tackled him, cuffed him, and made him lie face-down in a filthy back alley gutter that stray dogs and other drunks had undoubtedly pissed in for about an hour while he questioned everybody. I definitely enjoyed seeing that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

30. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1