'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

PFAS is a chemical category containing fluorinated polymers. Think old timey ScotchGuard. It can be nasty stuff in the body. But I don't think there has been good connection between it actually causing health issues.

Not sure how insecticide is involved. As usual there are other ways of solving problems than banning substances. There are test procedures you can use to identify issues. There are processing guidelines you could use. But state lovers like to ban things that sound scary.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Both examples are statistical anomalies. Basing your views on "outliers" is very foolish, either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Send that water to Austin and we'll send back the Californians. Fair trade.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
  6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Except the dry lake was dry because California sucked it dry. Now that there's enough water to bring it back its an emergency when in the history of the world that lake is supposed to be there.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

For an old man, Manchin looked like he could have whipped this punk's ***.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

In the above video, my money is on Manchin without the bodyguard. Anyone know why he went D vs. R?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ds in West Virginia have mostly been conservative on social issues and pro-fossil fuels but liberal on welfare and fiscal policy.

Think longtime Senator, President Pro Tempore, and chairman of the Appropriations Committee, Robert Byrd (D-WV) - fairly conservative on social issues but probably the biggest pork barrel spender in the history of Congress. Manchin comes from that tradition. However, as both parties have become fiscally liberal and the Dems have become fiscally insane, Manchin looks very conservative across the board by Democratic standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

A very interesting article. Thanks, Chop.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There is a guy from Life:powered here in Texas who wrote an important article detailing these facts. He did the calculations for total $ and energy usage over the whole life of an EV. Electrical motors are more efficient than the Internal Combustion Engine, but as with everything you have to look at the whole picture not just a sliver.

14. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

You would think someone in government would have done a thorough analysis before pouring tons of incentives into EVs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

They analyzed how much more power they could wield over the economy and how much more money they could funnel into their own pockets, Rep & Dem alike.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• poop poop x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Who could have seen this happening? :idk:
    :lmao:

18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

If you want the most comprehensive list of articles/studies on the net climate change effects of EV's it may be at the link below. A whole lot of stuff to read. No one article covers everything, but as a collective there probably isn't anything missed. Most of the people there think like we do, but there's a few crazy Greta's.
    Still want an EV? (bimmerpost.com)

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t think this is recent. I recall it from last year. Or maybe that was in Nebraska. Getting too old.

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This is from the recent storms here in Texas
    But yes mc exact same thing happened last year in another state might have been Nebr or one of the Midwest states

21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

23. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Did I hear correctly that 10% Joe wants military to be carbon neutral by a certain date

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I guess Biden/Demx forgot this existed. Wonder how they will twist it.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@Garmel , does this create a conflict for you?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

They were digitally enhanced. lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If so, they did a nice job. For a little bit, I started to have a degree of respect for her at least on some level. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1