Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

A 2018 thriller? The Horns kicked Georgia’s ***.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

We were sitting in the NEZ that day, about midway through the 2nd qtr the wife & kids went up under the shade of the west stands. After the game we went to Matt's. Our waitress filled our water glasses a few times and finally brought out three pitchers for the table. I've never drank so much water in my life.

3. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

4. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I blocked that weekend out. I remember some other numbers. 63-14, 55-17, 65-13, 63-21. Those are the ones I remember. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Lyle ain't crunk

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Mack: we were surprised to find out you could blitz in a bowl game. We didn’t know that. (2003 KSU)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

That ^ is my favorite. Good times.

9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• WTF? WTF? x 5
  10. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Holy smoke! Unfortunately I reside in McLennan county and have seen bailer athletes do crazy s***, but this is a new low.
    The baptists need to completely get out of college sports and become a monk institution to forgive all their horrible sins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Is it really a new low though? I mean, extensive gambling scandal vs extensive rape culture vs player on player murder... It's really hard to pick just one horrible thing over the others, but your remedy sounds quite reasonable to me.

Hey Big XII!!!! Enjoy your latest black eye!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Totally agree murder and rape from the bailer criminals were much more “death penalty” serious events.
    But damn, when is bailer going to be normal? Quick answer: glad we are never playing that hell hole institution again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

85855364.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

What in Heaven's name is going on there in Waco, and why can't they clean it up?

Drug dealing, rape culture, now this.

Maybe they should burn the whole thing down and start over.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You guys are always leaving out the death of the football player on steroids, covering it up by paying off the family, cremating the body before an autopsy could be ordered, and sweeping it under that gigantic rug they have in Waco. As a Baptist, I must point out that there is no truth that that rug is made up of leftover Brother Al Prayer Cloths that used to be sold on Sundays on XERF - the Mexican Blowtorch ("Border to border & coast to coast").

FWIW, this crap has been going on since the late 80s. Since then Baylor has had the worst cocaine problem in D-1 and roids second only to Nebraska.

If they had followed my solution, it would have been shut down back then, but that would have caused almost all the BOR to leave.

Solution:

Daniel Vestal as Chancelor

Randall O'Brien as President

Joel Gregory to whatever he wants

• Like Like x 3
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

Sabre
    All due respect BUT are you surprised Bailor refused your clearly excellent advice?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

His power is out and he wouldn't let me bring him alcohol or beef today. I’m worried about him.

19. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

I have not seen verification of the bailer gambling story so thinking it was bogus.
    But it will only be a matter of time before the crime plotters crank up again. Like clockwork since the 60’s.

The Houston area got hammered, hopefully Sabre is safe and okay.
    I have 2 cousins and a brother in the area, the brother is fine. No word from the cousins yet.

20. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Thrilled me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I think this is a parody account on Twitter. Definitely got the antiBailor juices flowing on here.

• Like Like x 1
  23. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

When we played Baylor, I forgot to take my watch off. Didnt break anything. Handy to keep up wih time of day. Got scolded at half.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

Since Grant Teaff's final game, they've been easy to despise.

Add to that the real life criminality from that program, and a story like this is all too easy to believe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It’s going to be a fun first year.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

That’s a wrap! :hookem: IMG_2176.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  28. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

That game was decided (by the zebras) before opening kick-off. There was no way in hell they were going to let Teaff lose his final SWC game. Still pisses me off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
  29. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

Bevo dominates again..only live one showed and in the beginning as well.

This is an omen..like before the game in ‘18. What did those dog walkers think would happen anyway?

Back in 2018, I was the only Horn in a Georgian basement with a pack of five, rabid Sooner 1st-Georgia 2nd fans. They expected a slaughter…I bragged we would win…they looked at me like I was sad, idoitic homer.

We had a Westlake QB, you know…so I was confident. By the beginning of the second half, I had the basement to myself. My correct prediction sickened them all. One of the best football watching memories of the last half century.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
  30. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Sweet Tanya...from Denver City (although Seminole still claims her).

• Agree Agree x 1