Worthy transfer to USC??

Name off those catchable balls that cost us. I can think of one. Or are we being speculative with balls that ultimately fell not all that close to him.
Of course I’m not going to take the time to go through his dropped balls and list them here.

But you have to admit he dropped a fair amount of catchable balls this season.

It’s impossible to say that if he had caught a couple of them if it could have swung the game to us. But an extra first down or two might have made a difference in some of those close games.

And before you go on with hyperbole about what-ifs; yes, I agree that this is pure conjecture. Who knows which catches would have made a difference?
My point is just that Worthy transferring to a team with a better record would make more sense if he wasn’t part of the shortcomings here at UT.

Some of the balls he didn't catch would have been challenging to catch. But, that is why you have receivers who are supposed to be superstars because they make those catches.

Ewers and Arch. One… Not that far fetched.

People are beating Ewers up for his performance against Baylor but I just don’t understand. I rewatched the game and on the two plays that are the basis for most of the criticism, the dude had NO chance. I challenge anyone to watch those plays and tell me that Card, or even McCoy (as in Colt) would have been able to avoid those rushes.

Actually I do believe there was one blitzer for Tech coming from Cards left completely unblocked in which he moved up in the pocket. Go to 7:45 of the link below. You might like the play at around 8:02 too. There was no TE there either so a more direct line to the QB.

Ewers for sure could have moved up the pocket. He was 9-10 yards deep when hit. Karic didn’t completely whiff. That’s a DB so if he’s gonna run upfield the lineman is going to have difficulty. This is on Ewers in my opinion. Karic didn’t make it easy, but good QB play evades that.

Of course I’m not going to take the time to go through his dropped balls and list them here.

But you have to admit he dropped a fair amount of catchable balls this season.

It’s impossible to say that if he had caught a couple of them if it could have swung the game to us. But an extra first down or two might have made a difference in some of those close games.

And before you go on with hyperbole about what-ifs; yes, I agree that this is pure conjecture. Who knows which catches would have made a difference?
My point is just that Worthy transferring to a team with a better record would make more sense if he wasn’t part of the shortcomings here at UT.

Actually I was trying to see what I forgot. Missed one at Bama but think we scored anyway. There were two at TCU, one possibly very significant and one less so.

Tech he actually dropped two, one a potential TD. That was the one I remember. But there was the OSU one too and although not a drop it was catchable.

I see your point. But USC with Riley for a WR is a good choice.

Some of the balls he didn't catch would have been challenging to catch. But, that is why you have receivers who are supposed to be superstars because they make those catches.
I remember Sark getting on him for not finishing his route and one of those cost QE an interception.

Last edited:
Ewers and Arch. One… Not that far fetched.

People are beating Ewers up for his performance against Baylor but I just don’t understand. I rewatched the game and on the two plays that are the basis for most of the criticism, the dude had NO chance. I challenge anyone to watch those plays and tell me that Card, or even McCoy (as in Colt) would have been able to avoid those rushes.
Totally agree. Midway thru the the Bailer game I did not see any way we win based on the amount of time Bailer's QB had and the lack of time QE had. The play AFTER Hutson was injured revealed why we ran the ball, Campbell looked like he was blocking a ghost while a Bailer LB split the RG RT gap right past him and buried Ewer.
He had no chance.

The middle of our OL just cannot pass protect.

Let's see.
Sark's first head coaching job was taking over an 0-12 Washington team.
Riley's first was an 11-2 OU conference champion ranked 5th nationally.

Sarks second was a USC team at 10-4 that he admittedly crashed due to personal problems.
Then took ove a Texas program that went 7-3 and was in total disarray.

Riley takes over a 4-8 USC program but basically brings his entire 12-2 OU program with him.

You can't compare the two coaching paths.
Riley is your silver spoon kid while Sark has been working his way up.

Has Lincoln Riley blown a 21 point lead yet, or is that only a sark Thing?

Let's see.
Sark's first head coaching job was taking over an 0-12 Washington team.
Riley's first was an 11-2 OU conference champion ranked 5th nationally.
Acc
Sarks second was a USC team at 10-4 that he admittedly crashed due to personal problems.
Then took ove a Texas program that went 7-3 and was in total disarray.

Riley takes over a 4-8 USC program but basically brings his entire 12-2 OU program with him.

You can't compare the two coaching paths.
Riley is your silver spoon kid while Sark has been working his way up.
According to 2 lists I found Riley brought 3 players with him from OU. But I guess they're probably wrong.

Has Lincoln Riley blown a 21 point lead yet, or is that only a sark Thing?
Again, when you're first head coaching job, you take over a team that is 11 and 1 conference champion and ranked number five in the nation. It's pretty easy to go about not losing a 21-point lead.
Not to mention the winning culture already in place for years.

Last edited:
According to 2 lists I found Riley brought 3 players with him from OU. But I guess they're probably wrong.
Well, I'm not going to look it up, but I will say that when you take the Heisman caliber quarterback with you, you're pretty much taking the winning portion of the team.
How much better might Sarks record be if Bryce Young followed him here?

Last edited:
HIC,

He may have dropped some, but that unfortunately happens. My problem is with the passes where there was NO (ZERO) effort to get to the ball. Ewers may have made a bad throw or to a different spot because they made different reads but make the damn effort to get to the ball.

Riley and Sark walked into different situations

stoops stepped aside because OU was worried about losing Riley to Tech. It appears Riley's ambitions are a lot bigger than would have made a good fit in Lubbock.

He has the best placement of any coach in history imo. He is in a place where there is immense talent to be recruited, limitless money, a supportive school admin and all the free publicity in the world and he is going to go into a big conference where he will get coast to coast coverage and an adoring press.

A long way from Muleshoe, Texas

D62BAAB2-3DE2-4DAC-8556-DB7CD964A3F7.thumb.jpeg.f325fd6942dbb88ccc3dca1f28d953ff.jpeg

While we are interpreting tweets-

Worthy is obviously referring to the WR room, and not him specifically. I suspect this will be an annual passage for WR’s across the country trying to find homes where they can play.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back