Baltimore Crime Rate Soaring

Newsom is destroying California as rapidly as possible. Conservative voters are leaving the state, so only the brainwashed libs will be left to vote for continuation of his policies.

My wife spoke to a lady who used to work in SF. She said people who locked cars overnight almost always end up with a broken window - even with nothing of value in the car. So the solution? Leave your car unlocked! That way thieves don't have to bother with breaking a window to check what's inside - again, even if there's nothing. BUT she said always check for a homeless person sleeping in your backseat because they also check for unlocked cars. :brickwall:

My wife spoke to a lady who used to work in SF. She said people who locked cars overnight almost always end up with a broken window - even with nothing of value in the car. So the solution? Leave your car unlocked! That way thieves don't have to bother with breaking a window to check what's inside - again, even if there's nothing. BUT she said always check for a homeless person sleeping in your backseat because they also check for unlocked cars. :brickwall:

And car insurance in California sucks. It's pretty expensive, and the coverage is low. Minimum coverage is only $15K/$30K for bodily injury and $5K for property damage. That isn't anything. Texas is $30K/$60K/$25K.

That will not make a better burger from those guys.
I don't like their food either, but at least Mr Snyder was a good conservative and his family has been too. They have also given a lot of $ to philanthropy. Kinda like Chic Fila. Both conservative and both have overpriced food, but have a cult following.

Most of the others are very woke, which means they aren't doing anything to help the poor.

Run,

I think the cult following at Chick-Fil-A is called "Grandparents"

I don't like chicken; dirtiest damn animal in the kingdom running around eating its own ****. No one ever explained to me that there is some unknown universal law that to be a grandparent, you have to eat and learn to like Chick-Fil-A nuggets.

Run,

I think the cult following at Chick-Fil-A is called "Grandparents"

I don't like chicken; dirtiest damn animal in the kingdom running around eating its own ****. No one ever explained to me that there is some unknown universal law that to be a grandparent, you have to eat and learn to like Chick-Fil-A nuggets.
Get a milkshake instead - pretty good.

Best milk shake around. I frequently get one without the chicken. Problem is they are too small and cost too much for the amount you get.

Best milk shake around. I frequently get one without the chicken. Problem is they are too small and cost too much for the amount you get.
Hmm, the chocolate milkshake at Health Camp on the circle in Waco may hold that spot for me. Not to derail the thread.

Luckily, one can do a pit-stop in Waco while traveling between Austin and Dallas or vice versa and not be accused of going to Waco.

That's a stretch. Personally, I'd rather grab some bbq at Millers Smokehouse in Belton and then hold my breath while driving through Waco. If not in the mood for bbq, I'd rather wait and get sausage rolls or kolaches in West. I lived in Waco during law school, and that's enough crappy food and smelly water for a lifetime. The best Mexican food in Waco is On the Border. That should tell you something.

That's a stretch. Personally, I'd rather grab some bbq at Millers Smokehouse in Belton and then hold my breath while driving through Waco. If not in the mood for bbq, I'd rather wait and get sausage rolls or kolaches in West. I lived in Waco during law school, and that's enough crappy food and smelly water for a lifetime. The best Mexican food in Waco is On the Border. That should tell you something.

I agree those are both good, but sometimes you want something more healthy like Health Camp.

I spent a couple years recently working in Waco during the week helping a friend with his company. During that time I honestly found there was more to Waco than just the ugliness you see when you drive through on 35, however it's nowhere I'd want to hang my hat. With all due respect to Deez, there is actually some good Mexican food, with Ranchito on 84 being my favorite - type of place you don't want to see the kitchen but the food hit the spot. That, and the fact Health Camp has the word "health" in it's name is shocking, but the chocolate shakes were pretty damn good.

This has nothing to do with Baltimore, so back to your regularly scheduled post.

Last edited:
Newsom is destroying California as rapidly as possible. Conservative voters are leaving the state, so only the brainwashed libs will be left to vote for continuation of his policies.
Illegals are currently counted in the census. So that they don’t lose seats and power, the libs want to be magnets. They are hemorrhaging citizens to red states.

During that time I honestly found there was more to Waco than just the ugliness you see when you drive through on 35, however it's nowhere I'd want to hang my hat.

There is. The campus isn't bad, and Cameron Park is nice. The "new" (opened in 2001) law school building is impressive. I went there for my last year. I lived in an apartment complex near the lake. It was in a good area. The problem is that for a city of its size, it has a hell of a lot of dump. Imagine about 80 percent of Dallas being like Oak Cliff. That's Waco on a bigger scale.

There is. The campus isn't bad, and Cameron Park is nice. The "new" (opened in 2001) law school building is impressive. I went there for my last year. I lived in an apartment complex near the lake. It was in a good area. The problem is that for a city of its size, it has a hell of a lot of dump. Imagine about 80 percent of Dallas being like Oak Cliff. That's Waco on a bigger scale.
100% agree - I was pleasantly surprised over some of what I saw and experienced, but overall it's a city that died after the 1950s tornado and hasn't come back.

The Waco Striders used to hold a trail run at the top of a hill at Cameron Park, then a bean soup lunch afterwards. The trail run was a blast. January, sloppy wet trail, up n down for 5 miles. Next to the river for at least a mile & half. May still be holding it.

Of all the bike races, bike rallies, triathlons, 10k + runs I did in the 80s, 90s, that was by far the most fun. People holding the event were very nice

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back