Baltimore Crime Rate Soaring

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, May 28, 2015.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Hate to admit it, but now is a good time to do it. Trump is at the top of the ticket in a presidential election year. Cruz is up for reelection with a pretty good Democratic opponent (likeable, has a good story, and less of a doofus than Beta was). It could get ugly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

"Less of a doofus" - that sets a pretty low bar. Think I'll stick with Ted Cruz.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Allred is an empty suit. If there's a debate they may need an ambulance to drag his *** off to an institution

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'd stick with him too, but many of your Chardonnay-sipping afternoon book club chicks in the suburbs won't.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But nobody will watch the debate. He'll get the Beta treatment from the press, and since he's a young, well-spoken, nice looking guy, he'll resonate with a lot of suburbanites, especially women. Believe me, I don't like him, but he won't be an easy defeat. Frankly, Cruz's biggest asset might be his last name. Some Hispanics in the Valley are more likely to vote for a Cruz (sounds Hispanic) than an Allred (sounds like a white guy).

9. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Beta lost. And he lost in mid terms when anti Trump fever was at the highest pitch possible

If Allred doesn't debate, he'll lose. He has nowhere near the popularity beta had. His only shot is to debate, win big. But he can't . Not capable

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I hope you're right. If I had to predict now, I think Cruz will win, but it will look like '18 or maybe a little closer.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Cruz isn't just fighting Allred he is fighting Soros $$$$

We see it here in Collin County.
    Getting Repubs out to vote has never been more important

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Very sad. Collin County used to be one of the biggest Republican strongholds in the country, and now it's barely holding on. Biden got almost 47 percent of the county. When I worked for Jerry Madden (state rep), he had virtually no general election competition at all - just the occasional Libertarian or token Dem. His successor (Jeff Leach) can barely hold the seat and is only able to do so by running as a moderate. Madden was a solid conservative, and though he was and still is a great man, I'm not sure he could hold that seat now. It's just a different place now, and I see it when I visit. It has a very different feel than the place where I grew up.

The slippage really started after 2004. Dems weren't competitive yet, but they stopped getting completely routed. McCain dropped 9 points from Bush's reelection. Romney regained almost 3 of those points. Trump lost 9 in '16 and then another 4 in '20, and now it's a toss-up county. Happened fast.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Newsome spent $380 at Target?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Cruz is a debate KING. He will disembowel Allred if they actually do debate or participate in a town hall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. WorsterMan

Stocked up on hair gel and cheap *** looking neckties...

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

22. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And both of the undecided voters who watch it will vote for Cruz.

24. WorsterMan

^^^ Nice. , Deez I recognize your new avatar.... annoying insurance sales guy in Groundhog Day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

lol. I watched it Friday night, of course.

26. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

He doesn't need to spend money at Target- someone should remind him that he can shoplift up to $999 and it won't be prosecuted. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure Kaiser has a cafeteria in the facility, BUT I'm not so sure that DoorDash, et al will deliver to that area. California liberals won't let Kaiser put snipers on top of the building which would put a stop to most of the crap.

• Like Like x 1
  30. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts